1983 Datsun 720 4x4

chevyexpotruck

Observer
Okay I take back my comment. Stop taking pictures. My jealousy is growing by the minute!

I have ordered a lot of parts from 4x4parts.com for my Nissan trucks. Good site.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Welcome to the dark side!

Amazing the payload capacity, shows you how bloated pickups and vehicles in general have come. A lot of weight for added safety systems now as well.

Looking forward to future updates!

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Sweet! Good little truck and stellar condition. I am sure it doesn't matter to you but the 720 shares a fair amount of parts with the 160-series Patrol, a lot of interior and trim bits.

That truck has the divorced t-case right?

I have thought about getting a bed from a 720 and using/modifying it for my 77 Patrol Ute. I also pondered using the 720 king cab side window in the Patrol if I was to stretch the cab on that truck.

Cheers

Quest4ADV

Adventurer
I may have said it before, but I had an 84 King Cab 4x4. Loved that thing and drove it all over the mountains of NC and down to Mexico for a month!

That was a great truck, very capable in stock form and easy to work on!

Enjoy it!

Thats good to know. Were the 77 Patrol ute's ever sold in North America. What engine do you have in yours?

foster

Sweet! Good little truck and stellar condition. I am sure it doesn't matter to you but the 720 shares a fair amount of parts with the 160-series Patrol, a lot of interior and trim bits.

That truck has the divorced t-case right?

I have thought about getting a bed from a 720 and using/modifying it for my 77 Patrol Ute. I also pondered using the 720 king cab side window in the Patrol if I was to stretch the cab on that truck.

Cheers

First Take of Gas and More

I have put 260 Miles on the truck since picking it up Friday. It's running like a charm and I got just over 18 MPG on the first tank of gas. Not bad but i was hoping for a little bit more. I am bringing the truck in to the shop tomorrow to get a once over, instal some Bilsten shocks and perhaps the 235/75/15 i ordered.

Does anyone know a good fab shop in the PDX area? I want to get the ball rolling the bumpers and rack.

foster

Ray Hyland

Expedition Leader
Foster, I love it, but I think it looks so sweet as it is that I would keep it bone stock. Especially if it's just for running into town. Even the chrome rear bumper screams 80s to me.

I'd definitely upgrade shocks, make sure everything else is perfect mechanically, and then just pop in a Duran Duran cassette and enjoy!

Are you guys getting a ton of rain still? I just got 24" of powder at my cabin in BC today.

Take care dude

Ray

Ray,
we got hammered last night and this morning and then it broke this afternoon. the rear bumper does scream 80s but i like the idea of adding a sturdy bumper. the current one is very flimsy.

as for lift, im keeping it stock, just swapping in Bilstens. Might add a roll bar as well.

foster

bbrs.jpg

Foster, I love it, but I think it looks so sweet as it is that I would keep it bone stock. Especially if it's just for running into town. Even the chrome rear bumper screams 80s to me.

I'd definitely upgrade shocks, make sure everything else is perfect mechanically, and then just pop in a Duran Duran cassette and enjoy!

Are you guys getting a ton of rain still? I just got 24" of powder at my cabin in BC today.

Take care dude

Ray

Mako1114

Adventurer
I personally like the idea of the 80's style tube bumpers and rack, however I would use a heavier-walled tubing than what was used on the common variety so they are functional.

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke