Nissan Photos - post your's

Mako1114

Adventurer
Nice picture! I will be heading to Monogahela National forest later in the summer, any recommendations?

Dollys Sods and Seneca Rocks are popular hiking and camping destinations; not sure about wheeling or overlanding areas, though. New River Gorge is worth visiting but I can't recall if its in the Mon?

Cheers

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Dollys Sods and Seneca Rocks are popular hiking and camping destinations; not sure about wheeling or overlanding areas, though. New River Gorge is worth visiting but I can't recall if its in the Mon?

Cheers

Thanks, will look into it!

86inch

I have recently and very reluctantly sold my Land Rover Defender Camper and bought a Nissan Patrol.. which i have to say i am enjoying immensely!
A few mods are planned before we use it for any significant trips. A dual battery system and fridge are #1 priorities, a good set of AT's already fitted and the wheels refinished in a nice dark colour.

It is a UK spec 3.0DI Patrol (as i'm British, it would be :ylsmoke: ).

2014-01-28%2013.33.45.jpg

mortonm

Expedition Leader
I have recently and very reluctantly sold my Land Rover Defender Camper and bought a Nissan Patrol.. which i have to say i am enjoying immensely!
A few mods are planned before we use it for any significant trips. A dual battery system and fridge are #1 priorities, a good set of AT's already fitted and the wheels refinished in a nice dark colour.

It is a UK spec 3.0DI Patrol (as i'm British, it would be :ylsmoke: ).

2014-01-28%2013.33.45.jpg

In British Racing Green no less.

I love it. Are those manual hubs ?

86inch

Thanks!! I love the colour too.
The hubs are auto, but can be manually locked with a suitable socket or the tool provided. Not tried in anger yet - i hope they work:)

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Thanks!! I love the colour too.
The hubs are auto, but can be manually locked with a suitable socket or the tool provided. Not tried in anger yet - i hope they work:)

Sweet! Just saw the markings on it. The manual function is in case the auto action fails?

Start a build thread when you have a chance!

86inch

Auto hubs work engage automatically when 4WD is selected, but don't work in reverse. There is also a low-ish speed limit for enaging them. In "locked mode" they work in reverse and you can also select 4WD at higher speeds, up to 50mph.

I'll put some posts up as and when i make my mods!

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Auto hubs work engage automatically when 4WD is selected, but don't work in reverse. There is also a low-ish speed limit for enaging them. In "locked mode" they work in reverse and you can also select 4WD at higher speeds, up to 50mph.

I'll put some posts up as and when i make my mods!

Interesting, sort of a hybrid hub locking system.

You don't have to wait for mods, I am sure a lot of us would love to see more stock pictures, inside and out, as it is a vehicle we cannot get off the showroom floor in North America.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Interesting, sort of a hybrid hub locking system.

You don't have to wait for mods, I am sure a lot of us would love to see more stock pictures, inside and out, as it is a vehicle we cannot get off the showroom floor in North America.

Agreed! The Y61 Patrol is one of my ultimate dream vehicles. Such a cool vehicle. If given the choice, I'd pick a Y61 over an LC100 every single time.

Beautiful truck by the way. I am quite jealous. I'm sure it's absolutely brilliant!

Mortonm, Ford actually experimented with that sort of hub a while back. My dad's 2000 F250 had auto hubs that you could go and lock in like manuals. Kind of a neat concept.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Mortonm, Ford actually experimented with that sort of hub a while back. My dad's 2000 F250 had auto hubs that you could go and lock in like manuals. Kind of a neat concept.

awesome, surprised that this wasn't more popular, sort of a backup in case the auto action fails (pretty common when going hard with big tires on our frontiers/Xterras)

I guess more expensive as well

Hi

86inches: very nice truck. Is that the CRD version ? I wish you a lot of pleasure driving your new Patrol.

This is our Nissan Patrol 3.0 CRD with 37" tires, 6" lift and a few other goodies :)

All the best
Nico

_NIK0834-1200.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior