Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

p nut

butter
decently narrow track and not true 35's. curious to see how a full size 35 and a wide track affect the wheel wells

It's pretty much the same size you were inquiring about. Toyo MT's aren't "true 35's", either. By the way, 315 = 12.5 inches.

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
It's pretty much the same size you were inquiring about. Toyo MT's aren't "true 35's", either. By the way, 315 = 12.5 inches.

the 315 number has to do with the ratio of the side wall. It is yes closer to 12.4ish inches wide. But its about 34.8'' tall.

plus he isn't running a 315/70r17. He will be running a 35x12.5r17...so it'll be even closer.

On 15s and 17'' rims you can get a 35x12.5 tire. No metric bull****.

p nut

butter
the 315 number has to do with the ratio of the side wall. It is yes closer to 12.4ish inches wide. But its about 34.8'' tall.

plus he isn't running a 315/70r17. He will be running a 35x12.5r17...so it'll be even closer.

On 15s and 17'' rims you can get a 35x12.5 tire. No metric bull****.

Blackdawg, you have a cool truck which I dig. You've put in a lot of work into it. Which is why I am surprised at this post. First, "315" has nothing to do with the sidewall aspect ratio. It is the section width of a tire in mm. "70" is the aspect ratio of the sidewall compared to the width. Second, comparing 315mm to 12.5" tire is 6 of one and 1/2 dozen of another. So in essence, both sizes you mentioned are the same thing.

Metric measurement issue wise--well, your entire truck is almost all based on the metric system.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 112

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast

the 35x12.50R17 toyo OCMT measures out at 34.8" and 13.2" wide. when i said narrow track, i meant that he literally has a narrow track - not the width of the tire.

regardless the 35's will have to wait. we had a snowstorm last night and the 4runner is all over the place. 47,000 miles on the original tires. i bit the bullet and ordered a set of 285x75R17 nitto terra grappler AT's today that i'll sport till i can afford to complete the suspension and get the tires i really want under it.

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg, you have a cool truck which I dig. You've put in a lot of work into it. Which is why I am surprised at this post. First, "315" has nothing to do with the sidewall aspect ratio. It is the section width of a tire in mm. "70" is the aspect ratio of the sidewall compared to the width. Second, comparing 315mm to 12.5" tire is 6 of one and 1/2 dozen of another. So in essence, both sizes you mentioned are the same thing.

Metric measurement issue wise--well, your entire truck is almost all based on the metric system.

Yea whatever :p haha I hate metric tire sizes. I love metric bolts. :cool: why I will only ever run 15/17 rims. From what I have found when guys tub their fire walls in 1st gen tacomas with 315/70 tires, the holes are much much smaller then what I or other with 35x12.5r15s are. Like twice as big out of the fire wall and more rubbing in general.

They are bigger..just speaking from experience. Not drastically. But they are.

Cruisermansd

Observer
my favorite photo from a trip That I took over the holiday.
atyjusa8.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lysol

Explorer
Here a few shots of my 2013 limited edition DCLB. Has a 3" OME lift kit built right UCAs, ubolt flip kit, All Pro Off Road- front bumper, skid plate, and pack rack. Any Seven Off Road rock sliders, and a custom roof rack with LED light bars.
qunedeta.jpg

Do you have any more information on your antenna mount? Pics?

Redsky1085

The antenna cable was brought through the shark fin antenna along with the power wires for the led lights to give it a clean look. I'm using a simple mirror clamp attached to my roof rack with a heavy spring, quick disconnect and and a 3ft firestik.

a2y5uva3.jpg
tube5y6e.jpg
e8epage8.jpg
u4asyjah.jpg

shane4x4

Supporting Sponsor
Here's Beau's 4Runner (He's our Outdoor Life editor at TCT Magazine)

A Tundra from SEMA Show in the Bully Dog Booth

Bob's truck & a few others in Moab

Stan's 40 Series & Tim's T100 in Colorado

These are all from our January issue :)

lysol

Explorer
The antenna cable was brought through the shark fin antenna along with the power wires for the led lights to give it a clean look. I'm using a simple mirror clamp attached to my roof rack with a heavy spring, quick disconnect and and a 3ft firestik.
e8epage8.jpg

I gotta ask. How's the signal and SWR reading? I'd imagine you have a great ground plane up there from the roof rack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles