Expedition Overland 2013 Tacoma Build

bigwapitijohnny

Adventurer
Clay,

Fine job on the videos. I am enjoying them as they come out. I had a question about the durability of the vinyl wrapping. Mainly, did it survive the elements? Is this a one time application or can it be repaired in spots? I am interested in looking into this option as opposed to a Line-X material. Thanks for your efforts on the trip / videos. They lessen the cabin fever in the Winter...

Regards,

BWJ

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
Line-X is weapons grade armor plating compared to a vinyl wrap

the benefit of a vinyl wrap is details and uniformity

KiwiKurt

Explorer
Love the truck and love the build!

I spied an xTerra in the convoy on the preview...was that a temporary local guide?

Cheers!

richard310

pew pew
Excellent adventure and videography! Can't wait to see more of it. This is definitely not helping the pocketbook... but definitely helps the motivation!

ExpeditionOverland

Supporting Sponsor
Thats a Rigid 40'' Combo bar. We call it the one light to rule them all. The thing is amazing!! I have personally been pulled over twice for using it so.... Cough.... be careful. ( the HP's quote was, "I thought I was dying!" in reference to the light at the end of the tunnel it was so bright.) He was a mile away.

KiwiKurt

Explorer
$1300 retail....woof.....thats a tough pill. The nearly 19k lumens has got to be awesome though....visibility to 1400 meters..wow.

sweet truck!

Narkhelek

How did you run the wiring for the top lightbar?

On my 4Runner I was able to run the power wire in the small gap between the wind shield and A-pillar that exists in the glass molding up to the drip rail molding and from there to where I wanted to exit to run up my rack feet. Makes running the power wire super easy and clean. Not sure if the same setup would work on a tacoma.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

Narkhelek

I'm ready to drill. Want to put a hole in the rain gutter under the molding. Then caulk with silicone, HOTMELT, and or a grommet.

Have seen the wire run in the manner you mentioned and never really appealed to me. I like installs to look clean, like they were ment to be there.

By all means do your thing but I was fortunate with the 4Runner layout and a black wire you can't see the install since it blends into the black rubber molding all the way up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Sombrio

Just watched episode 4. Really neat to learn more backstory about the crew. This really convinced me and the wife that a trip to Alaska is required.
I'm really looking forward to episode 5 on jan 18. Especially after watching the clip after the credits. That's quite the mess you got yourself into there Clay.

Triumphdog

Adventurer
Tech question. How did you mount the Baja Rack to the cab and truck cap? Does the truck flexing affect the mounting point?
Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne