Black Pine - Pine Deluxe 6 - Turbo Tent

RiverCityDave

красный октябрь
seconded on contacting Black Pine, we stayed at SPI (gulf coast) for a week with ours, and I had one hinge do the same. they replaced it no issue.

Mauka2Makai

Explorer
When I bought my tent at Costco the Black Pine reps assured me that the poles, hinges, or any other component would be and could be replaced if required. Free of charge? I hope so, I can't remember there exact guarantee. I kept my receipt and box just in case. No signs of corrosion... will spray hinges down with CPC as PM. Just got done with some beach camping so will have to keep an eye.

trailscape

Explorer
When I bought my tent at Costco the Black Pine reps assured me that the poles, hinges, or any other component would be and could be replaced if required. Free of charge? I hope so, I can't remember there exact guarantee. I kept my receipt and box just in case. No signs of corrosion... will spray hinges down with CPC as PM. Just got done with some beach camping so will have to keep an eye.

I need to actually talk to someone at Black Pine one day, but I did get an email response. They didn't address my corrosion concern, but offered to sell me new knuckles for $15 each plus shipping. Good to know I can at least get them replaced.

grogie

Like to Camp
Anyone encounter this issue with their Turbo tent?

View attachment 188357

I last used this tent a month ago while camping in Rocky Mountain National Park. I unpacked it the other day and the locking cams were covered in white powder as was the canvas. There appears to be some significant corrosion kind of like you'd get with a really old battery. It still worked fine, but they were a bit lose. I'm not sure what might have caused this other than possible condensation (we kind of got a lot of rain lately).

I'm kind of shocked though as I spent a month on the road with this tent with a week in Oregon/Washington and another week in Glacier in Montana where it experienced tons of rain without issue.

I've had my Turbo Tent for awhile and I've never had that happen. When I camp, it always tends to rain too! :sombrero:

trailscape

Explorer
I've had my Turbo Tent for awhile and I've never had that happen. When I camp, it always tends to rain too! :sombrero:

Yeah. That's what I don't get about it. I used it plenty of times in heavy rain without issue. It went into my garage dry, then Colorado got bombed with an insane amount of rain and the next time I used it I found this mess. I can't really imagine humidity would have caused it.

I recently camped out in Death Valley with 50mph winds and my turbo tent. I ended up having to roll up the awning and tie it up
To prevent it from flapping in the strong winds and keeping me up all night. Has anyone come up with an elegant way to prevent this? Almost like it needs a zipper to allow it to be easily removed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles