Post Pic's of your Jeep

jeepgc

Adventurer
camber said:
Oh ... and that's a 3,000 foot drop off! You HAVE to have a spotter...

doc4e8ba7f141671621058442.jpg

Ouch! thanks Camber, that trail looks incredible, dangerous, but worth it. I bet you have your heart in your mouth driving down that.

camber

Ouch! thanks Camber, that trail looks incredible, dangerous, but worth it. I bet you have your heart in your mouth driving down that.

Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen my own knuckles so white. Wife refused to be in the Jeep which worked out perfectly because she could be my spotter the whole way down :ylsmoke:

Held up well for fall like that

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

I'm pretty sure that one slid off the side before "The Steps" ... would have slid about 20-30 feet. Unfortunately, from what I've heard, there are deaths almost every year on that trail. This is what it looks like when you fall off "The Steps" or off the switchbacks on Black Bear. Both passangers (husband and wife from Missouri) died, so sad.

bigbearfatal_01.jpg

bigbearfatal_02.jpg

"Rollover claims two lives
A vacationing couple from Missouri was killed Tuesday evening when their Jeep slipped off Black Bear Pass and rolled more than 900 feet down a steep slope. Both were pronounced dead at the scene at 7 p.m., according to a report from the Colorado State Patrol.

The victims, Vern A. Huntington, 50, and his wife, Susan A. Huntington, 51, of Saint Peters, Mo., slid off Black Bear Pass road while taking a left hand turn on one of the switchbacks above the top of falls at about 4:15 p.m., police said. The couple was descending the steep mountain road in a soft-top Jeep Wrangler when the accident occurred. Neither was wearing a seatbelt and both were eventually ejected from the vehicle, suffering multiple traumatic head and chest injuries, according to a report from county coroner Bob Dempsey."

:(

WORDS OF ADVICE: Anyone who plans on attempting Black Beard Road (or any dangerous road/pass like this) ... please do not test your own abilities. If you feel like shouldn't, then you shouldn't. Plain and simple. Be safe everyone.

Last edited:

jeepgc

Adventurer
Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen my own knuckles so white. Wife refused to be in the Jeep which worked out perfectly because she could be my spotter the whole way down :ylsmoke:

Looks like I'm not the only one :) My wife also decides that she'll support me from outside the Jeep when it looks like the going is on the scary side. although we've never driven anywhere like that..... yet.

On a serious note, sad to hear about the accidents and fatalities, good advice Camber.

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
for like the 1000th time, I THINK we're back in action.

Raining this morning. I wanted to drive it to work, but needed my company truck so I dropped it off at the storage yard. Hopefully I'll pick it up again on Friday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles