100 Series Family Adventure Rig

Bretthn

Explorer
What about a magnet mount, as opposed to a hard mount?
I thought about a magnet mount initially but think a rigid permanent mount will fit my needs better. I might add a quick disconnect though.

Thanks, I have looked at this one too but am hesitant because I am not sure there is adequate room to run the coax out the side of the hood without damaging it after a few times of opening or closing the hood.

Bretthn

Explorer
Uwharrie

I made my second trip to Uwharrie today. The first time I went I was on stock tires and I must say that the new ones made a huge difference. I went with Boo471, another Lexus owner. Unfortunately I got more good pictures of his truck than I did my own since I was driving it. Hopefully he will post up the pictures he took.

My little dog spike was my copilot for the day.

Boo471's GX.

brevity_thing

you know, the Dude abides
These things look so much better in person! My new 285/75R16 Cooper ST/MAXX were sitting at my door when I got home tonight. I can't wait to get them mounted.

Always thought those would look hawt on a Hundy! Wouldn't hurt my feelings if you put up more pics :)

Bretthn

Explorer
What trails did you do at Uwharrie?

I have a terrible memory for names and Marten was lead that day so I didn't even look at a trail map. I believe we did Falls Dam, Dutch John, Slab Pile, and Marten did all of Dickey Bell. I skipped the climb on Dickey Bell since I am not sporting sliders or beefed up skids yet.

Bretthn

Explorer
Scangauge II for the LX470

I have been pretty disappointed that the LX only came with the basic trip A and trip B trip computer. I finally broke down and bought a Scangauge II. This thing is pretty handy but a little spendy for what you get. I just have it mounted with some hook and loop for now and will probably get a blendmount to go on the rearview mirror eventually.

What 4 parameters is everyone monitoring on theirs? I have mine set to show corrected MPH since my gauge is off with the bigger tires, MPG, and average MPG. I have it showing voltage too since I am undecided on what else to watch and just installed it today.

Bretthn

Explorer
Wiring

So I have a lot of goodies in the mail at the moment. The one I am most looking forward to is a sealed all in one relay and fuse box that should look nice and clean in the engine bay.
Once I can figure out the ground switching relay wiring (I think I got it). I intend to:
  • rear work light on a spdt switch with on with reverse lights, constant on, and off
  • all forward facing offroad lights relayed to only be switched on with high beams
  • rock/puddle lights relayed off of leftover wiring from facory step lights, on a spdt switch with on when any door opens, constant on, and off

Rock/puddle lights are on order. I need to decide what switches I will be using, where they are going, and get them ordered.
I have not ordered any other lights yet.

Hopefully everthing delivers for me to finish installing my 3 foot Wilson antenna for my cb tonight. Pictures to come.

Bretthn

Explorer
Antenna mounted

I got my cb antenna mounted. Just need to finish running the coax now. I will try to finish it up Wednesday and get some daytime pictures of the antenna.
I went with a Firestik adjustable stainless steel hood mount, Firestik heavy duty spring, and Wilson 4 foot silver load fiberglass antenna. I hope this improves the signal of my Midland 75-822. Anyone in my area have a SWR meter and want to help me tune this thing? Will it make much difference? Here are some night shots for now.

Bretthn

Explorer
Here are some better pictures of the antenna in daylight. Still not wired up but it faired well on the commute back and forth from work today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles