Seth's 97XJ

96XJ11C

Observer
Upgrades??

Update! I haven't been on the forum as much as id like to be but hoping to be on more frequently this spring/summer. Not much new going on as far as the build goes. I did however switch wheels to the wrangler 15x8 "Ravine" wheels :)
I have some good cherokee funds saved up now so i will be updating this build thread more frequently. Im looking to be doing a storage system, LCAs, roof rack, and some more lighting and other camping related mods. As soon as i decide how i want to build the storage system i will be installing my inverter and OBA aswell.photo (46).jpg

Last edited:

88Xj

Banned
Update! I haven't been on the forum as much as id like to be but hoping to be on more frequently this spring/summer. Not much new going on as far as the build goes. I did however switch wheels to the wrangler 15x8 "Ravine" wheels :)
I have some good cherokee funds saved up now so i will be updating this build thread more frequently. Im looking to be doing a storage system, LCAs, roof rack, and some more lighting and other camping related mods. As soon as i decide how i want to build the storage system i will be installing my inverter and OBA aswell.View attachment 166013

For your lowers, are you staying short arms? If so ill have some almost brand new teraflex adjustable upper & lower for sale very shortly. Getting a long arm setup here soon.
Also have drop brackets & braces from rubicon express.

96XJ11C

Observer
Yes i am staying short arm. Just ordered RE adj. LCAs. Wish i would have seen your post earlier! Also ordered some other odds and ends, speedo gear, Uca bushings, hood release cable, blue torch fab shims, Advance adapters sye, tom woods DS. Cant wait to get rid of my drive line vibes!! Good to see ya still read this 88Xj haha!!

88Xj

Banned
Yes i am staying short arm. Just ordered RE adj. LCAs. Wish i would have seen your post earlier! Also ordered some other odds and ends, speedo gear, Uca bushings, hood release cable, blue torch fab shims, Advance adapters sye, tom woods DS. Cant wait to get rid of my drive line vibes!! Good to see ya still read this 88Xj haha!!

hey I creep every xj build :) happy to see some improvements in the rig brother :). Good to see your taking care of your issues with it vs spending more on useless items as well. Always a great plan :)

88Xj

Banned
Just wanted to ask, by chance do you have your stock center caps off your old steelies? If so you interested in selling em? I haven't found a decent set in our junkyard yet, all of em are gone or smashed.

96XJ11C

Observer
Just wanted to ask, by chance do you have your stock center caps off your old steelies? If so you interested in selling em? I haven't found a decent set in our junkyard yet, all of em are gone or smashed.
Yes sir i do. Want pics?

NEexplorer

awesome build, keep it up! Hope to get a build thread going soon of my XJ hope to follow your footsteps with the 31x10.5 duratracs :ylsmoke:

96XJ11C

Observer
SYE installed.. and a TEASER

Got the SYE in the night after it showed up. It was a pretty easy job and not as big a deal as most guys make it out to be. The tom woods shaft fit perfectly and all driveline vibrations are gone. Oh and 88xj i sold my center caps locally to a guy i ran into on the trail, im sure you will find a good set.
111.jpg
TEASER PIC!
112.jpg

96XJ11C

Observer
Paint... Then Hella 700s

Painted the rack up last night. Just finished mounting it up. Wish it was not so humid (paint was orange peeling a little in places). Ordering 4 Hella 700s to fill that hoop tonight!!
rr01.jpgrr03.jpgrr02.jpg

MirageMobile

which rack is that? jcr? Excellent work 11C. Your build has inspired several aspects of my "paper" build thus far.

What is your opinion on 3.73 vs 4.10 gearing for a DD/camping XJ with the 4.0L, AX-15, and 31s?

doctorbaxter

Need...More....SNOW!!!!!!
Great thread! Question: Do you have any rubbing issues with the 31s in the rear after removing one leaf? What about the front? I just installed a 2.5'' OME lift from DPG and really want duratracs. Unfortunately if i cant fit 31/10.5/15s I'll have to go 235/75/15s. Aren't you glad you went with a ax-15, I know I am!

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Nice build dude...

Reading through your thread and I just ordered one of the Prime4x4 switch panels. I made one myself but have never been 100% happy with the finish... and these are on sale too. Love the rack...nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles