PAY BACK — T100

SC T100

Adventurer
Nice and clean. Your truck looks awesome. My favorite part is the ripples in the plastic valence of your front bumper. Your T-100 knows how to party.

Haha thanks! The ripples are from the plastic discoloring...sorta matches one of my cats. Armorall or similar makes them disappear for a while.

seanpistol

Explorer
Very impressive work and nice rig!

I snagged a T-100 shell for my Tundra recently(which fits excellent)... looks similar to yours so I figure I'd post a photo!

ONE LOVE

Observer
Mine was a daily driver too! Driving around with only a drivers seat bolted in is loud as hell. I'm jealous of your tan interior. Yours will look so awesome after it is dialed in. HOLY COW! How did you get it with 20,000 miles. I'm way jealous. These are such great trucks, overlooked trucks for sure. I wanted to somehow put in a stealth sub in the extra space in the rear panels. I don't have enough know-how to get that done though. Please keep me posted on what system you throw in and how you make it all work. I will be jealous of your homegrown rear boxes. I was too chicken for that too. Give us an exterior pic of that truck, I bet it is way clean.

ONE LOVE

Observer
SLost, you old devil. Those are cool pics. Thanks a ton for posting them up. That -10F camp out was pretty extreme. I'm glad we didn't have to share a bag to make it through the night.
I think I have a couple pics of that 4Runner you're rolling.

DSC00977.jpg

PICT0026.jpg

PICT2596.jpg

DSC01118.jpg

DSC01129.jpg

ONE LOVE

Observer
I love that shell. Do you like having the access door? I think those would be convenient for camping and sleeping in the bed of the truck. Sweet truck man.

ONE LOVE

Observer
Hey sorry guys, I just noticed the "reply" button on the bottom of the posts. I tried to respond to everyone's posts, but not with the proper "reply" button. Thanks for the comments, I've figured out the response sequence for future correspondence.

ONE LOVE

Observer
Help please. Anyone replaced their blower motor recently? I got this P.O.S. from Autozone. It sounds like a 747 with the air movement of Tinkerbell belching. Suggestions? I already cut off my factory fitting for the Toyota blower. I could splice it back on, but I don't know if I could afford the Toyota blower!

FJR Colorado

Explorer
Help please. Anyone replaced their blower motor recently? I got this P.O.S. from Autozone. It sounds like a 747 with the air movement of Tinkerbell belching. Suggestions? I already cut off my factory fitting for the Toyota blower. I could splice it back on, but I don't know if I could afford the Toyota blower!

I speak from experience... Just get the Toyota blower motor.

I was round and round on this once. Learn from my troubles.

FJR Colorado

Explorer
Truck looks awesome!

A word of caution here. I used to have a first gen 4runner (same front suspension as your T100). Those lifts are great, but they can eat idler arms. The new angle of the tie rod tends to eat the bushings in the idler (they are plastic believe it or not). It leads to alignment issues and can be a hassle, plus eat tires.

If you go this route, look into brass bushings, or a total chaos arm. (I went total chaos, and then redid my entire steering with DOM and FJ80 Tie rods for the ultimate beef, but that is a little overkill).

Hmmmm.... I've had the set up for about 5 years with no issues. I don't drive the rig much but the miles it does travel tend to be fairly rough.

Of course, anything that alters geometry can affect things.

ONE LOVE

Observer
Well I know the world has been anxiously awaiting the conclusion to the weak blower motor. There are two wires that pigtail off of the blower, one blue and one black. I chose the black wire to be the ground wire...the blue wire is the ground. The fan is still loud, but it works well.

A word of caution here. I used to have a first gen 4runner (same front suspension as your T100). Those lifts are great, but they can eat idler arms. The new angle of the tie rod tends to eat the bushings in the idler (they are plastic believe it or not). It leads to alignment issues and can be a hassle, plus eat tires..

Ditto to what Axle Ike is saying. I followed him on this type of lift after reading his experience with it. I got rid of the Ball Joint spacers earlier this Summer after getting tired of replacing upper and lower ball joints every year. I ended up having to replace tie rod ends (not related to Ball Joint spacers) as well as upgrading to the Heavy Duty Total Chaos Idler arm at the same time. Do not go with the cheap Auto Zone replacement when your Idler arm goes bad. The AZ replacement I installed lasted just over a year.

Also, talk with Hugh at Safari Unlimited about lifting your truck. I did not listen to him the first time and spent the $$ this year to rip out that stuff and do it as he instructed me. Pretty much any part for an early 90's Toyota truck can work for these.

I will include a picture of mine once I can get some together.

Kevin

FJR Colorado

Explorer
Ditto to what Axle Ike is saying. I followed him on this type of lift after reading his experience with it. I got rid of the Ball Joint spacers earlier this Summer after getting tired of replacing upper and lower ball joints every year. I ended up having to replace tie rod ends (not related to Ball Joint spacers) as well as upgrading to the Heavy Duty Total Chaos Idler arm at the same time. Do not go with the cheap Auto Zone replacement when your Idler arm goes bad. The AZ replacement I installed lasted just over a year.

Also, talk with Hugh at Safari Unlimited about lifting your truck. I did not listen to him the first time and spent the $$ this year to rip out that stuff and do it as he instructed me. Pretty much any part for an early 90's Toyota truck can work for these.

I will include a picture of mine once I can get some together.

Kevin

I have had zero problems in 5+ years.

You guys are talking about replacing ball joints every year and having bad tire wear. I have had nothing of that nature.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles