PAY BACK — T100

ONE LOVE

Observer
A distribution block for some auxiliary power switches.

Part of my recovery kit.

Essentials for every rig.

Well, that is pretty much it. I spent a ton of time building this truck up. It isn't anything extreme, but its enough for me and mine to have some fun with.

I hope that this write up expresses my appreciation to the community of off-road enthusiasts that post and maintain this forum. You have kept me up at night thinking about fun stuff, not make my hair grey stuff. Thank you.

ONE LOVE

Observer
Thanks for all of the comments guys! Throw up some rig pics. I want to brag to my wife about what kind of view count I'm getting on my post.

DeskToGlory

Adventurer
Thanks for all of the comments guys! Throw up some rig pics. I want to brag to my wife about what kind of view count I'm getting on my post.

That's good to know other people brag about stuff like that to their wife! The truck looks great!

LeeBo

Very awesome! I registered here just to comment on your thread. :) My coworker is pretty involved on these forums and he pointed out your thread to me because I have most of the interior of my 96 T100 stripped out right now to add the carpet pads to mine too. Awesome job on the clean up! I know you are calling it the magic padding, but do you think it cuts the road noise at all? I have been wanting to do this to my truck for about 6 years now... just not sure if I should spend some money on actual dynamat or just go with the padding. .

Your truck looks great!

FJR Colorado

Explorer
Rig looks great. You are a credit to T-100dom.

A good suspension option is to explore a Toytec kit. I did the front ball joint spacer and rear add-a-leaf with extended ProComp shocks. It added about 1-1/2" in front and 2" in rear. Really rides great.

ONE LOVE

Observer
You just registered to comment on my thread?!! LeeBo, you just made my day. As far as the carpet pad goes, I think that it gives the truck a quieter ride and tamed the road noise. When I close the doors it seems like it is sealed off from the outside better, but I could be imagining it. I don't think so, but I could be. Someone may have some solid evidence one way or the other, but I just have an opinion. My opinion is, do it. I lined it on my doors too. It makes it harder to get the plastic seated proper, but still worth the effort. Throw up some pics when you do it. I would love to see the progress.

ONE LOVE

Observer
I wanted to adapt something from Old Man Emu. They don't offer anything for T-100's, but I was hoping I could mix and match it together. I'll look into the Toytec. Thanks for the advice.

AxleIke

Adventurer
Truck looks awesome!

Rig looks great. You are a credit to T-100dom.

A good suspension option is to explore a Toytec kit. I did the front ball joint spacer and rear add-a-leaf with extended ProComp shocks. It added about 1-1/2" in front and 2" in rear. Really rides great.

A word of caution here. I used to have a first gen 4runner (same front suspension as your T100). Those lifts are great, but they can eat idler arms. The new angle of the tie rod tends to eat the bushings in the idler (they are plastic believe it or not). It leads to alignment issues and can be a hassle, plus eat tires.

If you go this route, look into brass bushings, or a total chaos arm. (I went total chaos, and then redid my entire steering with DOM and FJ80 Tie rods for the ultimate beef, but that is a little overkill).

AxleIke

Adventurer
I wanted to adapt something from Old Man Emu. They don't offer anything for T-100's, but I was hoping I could mix and match it together. I'll look into the Toytec. Thanks for the advice.

The OME stuff for the fronts of the first and 2nd gen runners and 2nd and third gen pickups will work for the front. I don't imagine your rear spring packs are that much different either.

ONE LOVE

Observer
I called OME and they said nothing would work for a T-100. I thought I had heard about a misfit setup, but that phone call killed my dreams.

SC T100

Adventurer

Anything for a fellow T100 owner! I'm highly impressed with all the work you did. It looks great! I also used carpet padding in my truck. I noticed it seems to reduce outside noise a good bit, but mostly of high-frequency sounds. Some of the lower frequency sounds seem to be more prevalent. Still much better than stock though! Oh, and I am sure you have run across thw write-ups, but throwing a set of IFS Aisin hubs will reduce wear and tear on the front driveline when you don't need 4WD. It's a simple a bolt on as there is...remove drive flange, replace with Aisin hub, drive away. You don't even have to remove the tire (but it helps with access).
Pic as requested:

Last edited:

ONE LOVE

Observer
Nice and clean. Your truck looks awesome. My favorite part is the ripples in the plastic valence of your front bumper. Your T-100 knows how to party.

LeeBo

You just registered to comment on my thread?!! LeeBo, you just made my day. As far as the carpet pad goes, I think that it gives the truck a quieter ride and tamed the road noise. When I close the doors it seems like it is sealed off from the outside better, but I could be imagining it. I don't think so, but I could be. Someone may have some solid evidence one way or the other, but I just have an opinion. My opinion is, do it. I lined it on my doors too. It makes it harder to get the plastic seated proper, but still worth the effort. Throw up some pics when you do it. I would love to see the progress.

I am trying to do this while still using it for my daily driver. Progress is slow and I am trying to decide if I really want to put my "good" stereo system in it or not. Here are a couple pics so far...

zc2o.jpg

ltqa.jpg

Just getting it all stripped out, hoping to get the doors and lower dash stripped next, but I am going to have to put a new starter on tomorrow.. been tempting fate for a couple months now :D
and it is getting to where I have to bump the key 30-40 times before it will catch now. The wood speaker holders are from sometime 2002 I think.. My truck didn't have anything back there at all stock. My plan is to make boxes to fit inside the spaces to seal up the back speakers. I am still trying to come up with a design to fit my sub in the back too. I am going to pull the seats and belts out to make more space though.

I am just worried about doing too much and having something major go out on the truck... I bought it in 2000 with 16,000 miles recertified

s6jl.jpg

It has been and continues to be a hell of a vehicle!

SLost

Man, that's an excellent write up. Your truck is extremely well thought out and it looks awesome. I've seen it in person and it's honestly one of the cleanest rigs I've ever been around. Bravo my friend.

Here a couple snow pictures of it from a winter sleepover:
photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles