Summertime MAZE District and Mountains of Southern Utah.

loren85022

Explorer
As always, nice report. We were near you at Hanksville last week and concur Utah has some amazing landscapes.

Sent from my iToaster

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Hey Tim, I always get excited when you post a trip report...regardless of rig, or number of wheels you have under you the pics and writing style really make for a great read.
Another great write up my friend and thanks for taking us along.

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
As always, nice report. We were near you at Hanksville last week and concur Utah has some amazing landscapes.
Sent from my iToaster

Utah is mindblowing. Great photos!

Hey Tim, I always get excited when you post a trip report...regardless of rig, or number of wheels you have under you the pics and writing style really make for a great read.
Another great write up my friend and thanks for taking us along.

Great pics and write up! Glad u got to explore ps canyon. A real gem!

Great trip report and photos!

Looks like some great places for climbing. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for all the comments!!

Thanks Lance! I appreciate it!

MPH, Thanks, Agreed! Poison Spring was a real treat and it was filled with nice side trails.

Nice.

Still one of the areas on my bucket list.

Epic.

Holy Cow - that same cow was in Arches the last time we were there!

Jasonazx

Adventurer
Sweet report Tim, definitely need to check those spots out someday. Looks like the cruisers extra space is giving you more room to place all that high end camping equipment into too. :)

SOAZ

Epic.

Holy Cow - that same cow was in Arches the last time we were there!
Darn Tablet didn't post my response to you.
Holy indeed!! That guy gets around! Never anger him!

Sweet report Tim, definitely need to check those spots out someday. Looks like the cruisers extra space is giving you more room to place all that high end camping equipment into too. :)
The full line of titanium snow peak bespoke gear I carry fits in there, but I haven't figured out how to hang the disco ball. No discoball = not really glamping. :smileeek:

Danimal

Adventurer
This is so awesome, thanks for the great pics and entertaining write up, Tim.

My 80 series and I will be making the long trip to the MAZE next year from Indiana. Is it crazy to drive 1600 miles there and back AND not travel with another vehicle through the remote backcountry? Car is in great shape, however, it is an 18 year old vehicle... Your thoughts?

Dan

AzTacoma

Adventurer
Thanks for the trip report, this is definitely on "the list."
My 80 series and I will be making the long trip to the MAZE next year from Indiana. Is it crazy to drive 1600 miles there and back AND not travel with another vehicle through the remote backcountry? Car is in great shape, however, it is an 18 year old vehicle... Your thoughts?

Not to butt in here, but it's too remote for my comfort level, and I am known to travel solo fairly often.

SOAZ

Thanks!
So many factors that there is no right answer I can accurately give. I travel solo primarily and try to prepare for it, drive for it and make decisions for it. I pack enough food and water to spend at least double the amount of time I "plan" to spend out there and we are always ready to just live where we are at any one time for a week if needed. (talk about a great excuse for extending a vacation! Plus, as evidenced by tire tracks we saw, even in the dead of summer the MAZE sees a few groups each week.)
I also carry a spot, dual band ham radio, I print the local frequencies/repeaters, an FRS Radio, a cell phone with pre dowloaded maps, good ol paper maps etc. I try to prep the truck to prevent a break down.

Those are just a couple obvious factors. I feel safest solo although that may sound weird. I travel at my pace, to my places, and only have to take care of 2 people. In a large group I find that I feel like a babysitter sometimes. Also, I find that I'm less careful in a group because I have a safety net. :sombrero:
So, I say, not crazy at all. Also, if you come to the Maze in the prime times of the year, it won't be very remote. It will be full of ExPo folks who have enough gadgetry to contact the space station. :smiley_drive:

So, when you come, post up, let folks know where you be and when you'll be there and even consider telling a friend to post on the main forum here if they get a "Help" spot notice from you. That way you'll have a whole forums worth of people figuring out the best way to come help you instead of someone from 1600 miles away. That's what I tell all of my SPOT folks on the "help" list. (I also tell them that if they get the 911 notification to reinforce to S&R that I wouldn't hit it unless it was SERIOUS so send a helicopter!)

This is so awesome, thanks for the great pics and entertaining write up, Tim.

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier