My new M416 trailer

xjman88

Adventurer
I picked up a m416 ammo trailer for 75.00 from an old farm. Its pretty solid tub/body wise. Tires are decent too. Not sure which way to go w the build for it. I do want to find the matching lid or build one. After that who knows. Heres the only pic i have for now.img_4208947_2013_07_27_11_06_09.jpg Let me know what u guys think. It also came with the hitch insert for the pintle. Awesome score for me.

rat patrol

Adventurer
Excellent find!!

Look for an old Series Lamd Rover top, its almost a perfect fit. I did the same to mine otherwise its stock and IMHO looks better than the modified variants.

VDBAZFJ

Adventurer
$75???? Great googly moogly! Never heard of such a deal!

rat patrol...care to expand on this top you are referring to?

The Wizard

Observer
Just to set the record straight the M416 is NOT an ammunition trailer. Its proper nomenclature is: Trailer, Cargo, 1/4-ton, 2 Wheel, M416. Although ammunition could be carried in it, the main purpose was to carry "cargo" behind the Ford M151 series "MUTTS"(Military Utility Tactical Truck). While in the army I utilized my M416 to carry a "shape charged" to be used to destroy "the item" if capture was likely.

ZMagic97

Explorer
$75?!?! I was just talking to my girlfriend's parents who are in Biddeford...maybe I need to drive up there!

xjman88

Adventurer
Thanks for squaring me away on the nomenclature of the trailer. These were out of the Army supply system when i was in. I downloaded the TM for it. Im excited to start a new trailer build. And yes i got a heck of a deal on it.

shogun

Adventurer
Thanks for squaring me away on the nomenclature of the trailer. These were out of the Army supply system when i was in. I downloaded the TM for it. Im excited to start a new trailer build. And yes i got a heck of a deal on it.

Whatever you do, dont cut a tailgate and dont put a ball-hitch on it.

xjman88

Adventurer
Negative on both. I have no intentions of either as i want to keep it as original as possible w some add ons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles