100,000 miles

blessrocks

Truck is looking awesome! Nice touch on the overhead console, looks sweet! Looks like you can now store everyone's sunglasses :D

jim65wagon

TundraBird1
After spending 9 days on a camping(Coopers Rock State Park, WV) and family visiting trip (NW PA) the Tundra crossed another milestone. The odometer rolled over that magical 200,000 mile mark on the 1st of July.

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
After spending 9 days on a camping(Coopers Rock State Park, WV) and family visiting trip (NW PA) the Tundra crossed another milestone. The odometer rolled over that magical 200,000 mile mark on the 1st of July.

Now that is a special number...many modern vehicles travel 100k with little care, but beyond 200,000 miles is where things get interesting in my mind.

Congratulations on keeping, using, and enjoying your vehicle.

CLynn85

Explorer
Nice work, James! I'm about to hit the 150k milestone myself but 200k is really killin it! I like the console, been looking at options for my Taco, filler panels came out great. Saw the seats when I walked past your truck in the parking lot last week. Big round Corbeau logo's really caught my eye! They look comfy!

jim65wagon

TundraBird1
Nice work, James! I'm about to hit the 150k milestone myself but 200k is really killin it! I like the console, been looking at options for my Taco, filler panels came out great. Saw the seats when I walked past your truck in the parking lot last week. Big round Corbeau logo's really caught my eye! They look comfy!

Thanks Carl. The seats look better than they are. After putting some driving time in them I'm not willing to recommend them to anyone. They are good for local short trips, but on anything over 2 hours they kill my knees. We're working on a fix for that and will post up when its finished.

BamaTRD

Would it be too much trouble if you could take a picture of your front receiver hitch installed? I am looking at having one installed onto my toyota tundra and can't seem to find pictures of one installed. I would greatly appreciate it! Love the look of your rig!

toyotech

Expedition Leader
nice tundra. 200000 miles is nothing. keep it up. my dads 2000 tundra has 335000 miles and runs great.

jim65wagon

TundraBird1
Would it be too much trouble if you could take a picture of your front receiver hitch installed? I am looking at having one installed onto my toyota tundra and can't seem to find pictures of one installed. I would greatly appreciate it! Love the look of your rig!

All right. I'll give you a series of bad photographs that don't really look like they should because some of the are from under the truck which makes the photos look weird and hard to identify. Except the first one, a repeat from earlier shows the Hidden Hitch from the front, it tucks all the way up to the bumper without needing to cut any plastic.....
3089522911_644b30d728.jpg

This is the three mounting bolts along the frame. The two are from the original tow hook and the third one gets drilled by the installer with a nut inserted through an already there hole in the frame. You can see the edge of the unmodified skid plate next to the frame.

This one is from the front of the hitch showing the access to one of the three mounting bolts on the front of the skid. The outside bolts do the job of holding the skid. The middle bolt has to stay removed, it is inaccessible due to the hitch. You can see the top of the hitch and the skid plate going over it.

Lastly a side view, you can see the unmodified skidplate nestled up in the front receiver. It's a close fit, but I had no need to modify the front skidplate at all.

To change the oil, I will pull the two front bolts, the two back bolts and pull the skid. Putting it back up takes a little wiggling of the plate to line everything up, but it's not a bad job.

BamaTRD

Well I don't thing my question could have been answered any better. This is the solution I am going with. Thank you for taking your time to do this for me. You saved me a lot of money!

jim65wagon

TundraBird1
Quick tire update: The truck is sitting on 205,000 miles. That gives me 42,000 on the ST Maxx tires. Not bad and they are not done yet. The tread depth on three of the tires is 10/32", the fourth tire is at 9/32". Why the difference? Well, that tire was on the right rear. With 200,000 on the LSD it just doesn't transfer power quite like it used to, allowing that right rear to spin more when I get a little aggressive with the throttle.....lol.

Here's what the the tire looks like with 9/32" of tread. Even wear and the siping is still there, just not quite as full as it was new.

The depth gauge I use with each rotation.

Pretty good wear for such a heavy, rugged tire. If I go to a merely legal tread depth I could make over 60,000 miles on them.

Petrolburner

Explorer
Excellent work! I just caught up from page 18. I recently bought a Mazda Miata and loved the way the seats fit me, but they were pretty well worn. Installed neoprene seat covers from CoverKing and I love them. I'm thinking of doing seat covers on the Tundra while they're still in great shape. The neoprene is nice and comfortable when it's hot or cold so far. Much nicer than leather which I also considered using to recover the seats.

Related to the sound deadening, does it make any squeaks and rattles sound louder because there is less road noise to drown them out? I have a mystery squeak in my Tundra from the dash that drives me nuts if I don't have the radio up to drown it out a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles