Lockable storage

craig333

Expedition Leader
Anyone have any? Looking to protect small items, wallet, small electronics etc. Preferably something that could be built in.

RAFoutdoors

Retired Explorer
Lockable Storage

I have installed Console Vaults in the center console of two of my Tahoes. The first one had a barrel (skate) type of key lock but you can get the new ones with keys, 3 number combination or 4 number combination locks. They are very easey to install and the fit and finish is great. They even have the USB port which integrates with the USB port in the center console so I can still use my electronics through the vehicle audio system. I think Clay just installed one in the XOVERLAND Tacoma. Here is the link http://www.consolevault.com/

craig333

Expedition Leader
Unfortunately my truck doesn't have the stock console storage. Looked into that already. I'd definitely go that way if I could.

WASURF63

Adventurer
Unfortunately my truck doesn't have the stock console storage. Looked into that already. I'd definitely go that way if I could.

In that case I would look into one of the Tuffy options and bolt it down somewhere. I had one of the Tuffy consoles in my '00 Tundra and the options I liked the most were the cavernous storage and slam latch closure. Only had to use the key to open it.
Good luck,
Walt

Freebird

Adventurer
I just bolted a small combination lock safe to the floor of my PU behind the drivers seat in my 91 Chevy extended cab.
I'm retired and just my wife and I travel so no passengers in and out of the rear "seat" area. We just use that rear area for misc. storage.
It was very easy to do.

Fb

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles