Who had the fancy, black, all-metal shovels for sale at OX?

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Actually Jonathan they are talking about the shovel by Aluminess
it is all Aluminum, has a nice size spade and the T-handle design reminds me of the Rover shovels used in the Camel Trophy, much nicer design than the standard D-handle.

Sportsmobile doesn't have them listing on their website, nor does Aluminess but I bet a call to Dave at Aluminess could score you one.

I bought one on the spot and have already tried it out with sand, worked great. It seems tough enough to handle mud also.

toddz69

Explorer
Actually Jonathan they are talking about the shovel by Aluminess
it is all Aluminum, has a nice size spade and the T-handle design reminds me of the Rover shovels used in the Camel Trophy, much nicer design than the standard D-handle.

Sportsmobile doesn't have them listing on their website, nor does Aluminess but I bet a call to Dave at Aluminess could score you one.

I bought one on the spot and have already tried it out with sand, worked great. It seems tough enough to handle mud also.

Thanks for all the replies. Lance - the one you're describing is what we were looking for. Autofab has had something similar for a few years but it's a lot pricier and didn't look like it would work as well.

Todd Z.

Lars70

Observer
It was me who has been coveting one of those shovels. Todd, thanks for starting this thread.

That's the one, Lance. I should have bought one on the spot when Todd and I walked past the Aluminess display, but I was in a state of sensory overload.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles