What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

G.Nenzel

I would love to but then I would miss out on all the mistakes, swearing and bloodletting. lol.

Made bumper mounting plates out of a piece of 1/2" plate.

IMG_6066.jpg

Mounted

IMG_6072.jpg

Cut out front and top. Bent and tacked to brackets.

IMG_6073.jpg

Now I have to wait a bit, ran through the last of my plasma consumables trying to find a loose connection problem. I did find it, on my last cup:oops:

richbordoni

Actually it doesn't rattle in the slightest. It did wobble a little with that big heavy rim and tire on there, much less now with the additional brace I installed. That will give the gas can holder some surface to mount to. Basically it is silent otherwise, love it.

As for what I did today, well I finally installed the Spectre Performance cowl snorkel that I have had sitting in the garage in a box since Feb.

No turning back now!

and done.

All in all it was about 3 hours, but at least 1 hour was moving and re-cabling my power dist block. Must have removed 40 zip ties...lol. The very best part is the nice big empty space under the hood where the stock air box was, and where my new deep cycle 2nd battery will be mounted. Just need to come up with a battery tray and a Group 24 that will fit in that spot.

I bought this thing based on a bunch of positive reviews and because a friend in WA said he installed one and loved it. Put a cowl snorkel in they said, not too noisy they said. BS!! This thing is way loud, but only at WOT and at startup. Otherwise, you only hear it if the tunes are off. I guess I should not drive at WOT all the time then?

My wife is going to hate it!

Nice, I'm looking to pick one up for my XJ as well. True CAI and makes space for a second battery! :ylsmoke: I've heard mostly positive reviews but some people have said in certain conditions the filter can get super dirty. Any experiences with this? I might run a pre-filter or just check it more often than normal.

BuckeyeBullet

Observer
Well, yesterday I finished installing a dual-row radiator ($50 from ebay + $30 to have a local rad shop clean it up), new transmission lines, factory front skidplate ($10 from the junkyard), and welded up a jerry can mount that goes in the trailer hitch. Today, however, I got my Summer 2013 issue of Overland Journal and found a photo of myself in it! Not with the Jeep, but with my other rides, the 1860s steam locomotives at Golden Spike NHS. Photo of me driving the last spike on pg 77...

BTW, G.Nenzel, really nice job on your bumpers (both wood and steel!). I built a similar one for mine over the winter. Using the bumper brackets as the recovery-eye mounts in one piece is the way to go (IMHO).

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Nice, I'm looking to pick one up for my XJ as well. True CAI and makes space for a second battery! :ylsmoke: I've heard mostly positive reviews but some people have said in certain conditions the filter can get super dirty. Any experiences with this? I might run a pre-filter or just check it more often than normal.

Not sure, but it is possible that dust can get in there. I do doubt that more dust will get in that way than from the stock location? It worked great on our trip, lots of miles and LOTS of fire road, and FSR. Was not as noisy as I thought in most situations, but I was towing our camping trailer which is about 2000# loaded so that added a lot of WOT situations. More than not hauling... and I honestly dont mind the noise, with the stereo playing at a med level it was background noise and not very noticeable.

I do however need to cut out a hole in the rear hood support as it is putting pressure on the wiring harness where it passes over the inlet @ the firewall. Might go the BFH route first, but it is probably going to need to be cut. No biggie, just something to note.

Still happy with it overall.

Healeyjet

Explorer
Installed the Outback Trailgater from Adventure Trailers. Removed the sub-woofer. Getting ready for AT Habitat install in a couple weeks.

ZMagic97

Explorer
Hi

Was out camping with a friend of mine in sweden. You now the swedish cook in muppet show, now we are two so it should be twice as good:ylsmoke:

Some video when we make some food close to the Jeep Wrangler 2012

Se it in 1080p

Great video, love seeing two doors in the camping scene!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles