Seat Covers Recommendations Gen II Monty?

I have a Montero SR that I'd like to get seat covers for, but can't find any decent ones that are decently priced. What is everyone using for that? I've thought about having some upholstery work done, but would rather have nice seat covers. Let me know!

Mudrunner

Adventurer
You could do a search on E bay or other sites for Factory replacement seat covers that would match the interior of your current vehicle.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
What's your idea of a "decent price?" I put Marathon Seat Covers on my 4runner, and am very happy with them. They're durable, custom fitted and they are in my favorite camo pattern (US military desert 3 - color.) They're not as soft as the factory seat covers but as I said, very rugged and waterproof, too. They were a tad expensive ($260 for the pair) but I think if you shop around you'll find that's on the low end of the custom fitted seat cover market.

There are less expensive covers like GT covers that still come in around $200 for a pair of front seats.

http://www.marathonseatcovers.com

http://www.gtcovers.com

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Yeah, 'decent price' is very specific isn't it? LOL...

As for Marathon, unfortunately they don't make them for the Montero.

IMHO, if the covers don't fit well, you may was well buy generic covers instead from any car parts place.

http://www.wetokole.com & http://www.seatcoversunlimited.com are two companies that make Montero specific seat covers for both the front and rear seats. Not sure about the 3rd row though. Never used either of them although some in Phoenix I know have used Seat Covers Unlimited for other vehicles with good results.

Alternatively Escape Gear in S. Africa makes some really nice seat covers for Montero's too (seen them on LC's) but they're not exactly inexpensive for a set. Paul May at Equipt carried the brand a few years back. Not sure if he still is. Pretty sure he'd have to order the covers for you though.

Additionally, if you're putting on covers because your old ones are worn out, then you should really consider re-upholstering them instead since it's very likely the foam is also worn out.

Sorry, by "decently" priced, I mean't under $200 per row. I ended up ordering the smittybilt GEAR seat covers ($85 each). They're made for a jeep, but I'm going to see if I can modify them to fit. Anyone else given those a try? Thanks for the input Off-Roader. I first looked a GTCOVERS.com, but they don't make them for the Montero either. They make a pretty nice product.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Sorry, by "decently" priced, I mean't under $200 per row. I ended up ordering the smittybilt GEAR seat covers ($85 each). They're made for a jeep, but I'm going to see if I can modify them to fit. Anyone else given those a try? Thanks for the input Off-Roader. I first looked a GTCOVERS.com, but they don't make them for the Montero either. They make a pretty nice product.
Hmmm in case those don't fit so well and you're ok at $200 then the canvas ones from seatcoversunlimited are $198. If you're willing to go a little bit over $200 then for $235, they also offer 'leatherette' aka vinyl. LOL

Hmmm in case those don't fit so well and you're ok at $200 then the canvas ones from seatcoversunlimited are $198. If you're willing to go a little bit over $200 then for $235, they also offer 'leatherette' aka vinyl. LOL

Cool. I'll check those out. I'm hoping the Smittybilts will work. Thanks for your input though!

off-roader

Expedition Leader
No problem I saw the Smittybilts at the local 4wheel parts expo (San Mateo) and did some research. What I found is folks complaining that their seat covers are ok but their Mole Gear stuff started falling apart after the first year. Not sure if they're made at the same factory or not. Probably not.

I've got the Smittybilts in my monty. I disassembled the bottom cushion of the seat and used paracord to tie the covers in place. Its a bit of a pain but I was able to get it pretty tight.

I havent had ANY issue with the MOLLE gear yet.

I've got the Smittybilts in my monty. I disassembled the bottom cushion of the seat and used paracord to tie the covers in place. Its a bit of a pain but I was able to get it pretty tight.

I havent had ANY issue with the MOLLE gear yet.

Yeah. For being made in china, they seem to be a decent product. So you actually removed the cusion portion from the track? Any way you could post a picture of what yours look like? That'd be awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94