Any of your NorCal guys going to the 4 wheel parts 4x4 expo in San Mateo on 2/23-24?

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Its a great way to save some cash on stuff you want to buy from 4wheelparts. Plus they'll have a bunch of their vendors there to talk about their products.

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
I may be in the area...but I'm not sure which day or the times I'll be able to swing it.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Well, as I said, I know for sure Carlos and I are going.

Would be great to meet some of you at the show and get a chance to check out each other's rigs and the mods you've done...

what day are you all looking at going? I'm thinking Saturday myself...

EmptyOly

I am planning on going Saturday with my 98 gen 2.5

Just starting my build and interested in seeing what others have done to their rigs.

Attachments

• OLY with bumper.jpg
    OLY with bumper.jpg
    507.2 KB · Views: 8

skibum315

Explorer
Keep an eye out for the Xterra guys, if you go on Saturday (I know Chris, at least, checks in here on the Portal sometimes).

Edit - Just realized this is in the Mitsu section ... my apologies, I linked here from a 'New Posts' search. Just saw the thread title, not the forum it was filed under. Carry on.

EmptyOly

nice! another local 2.5 gen! Is that bumper montero specific?

The bumper is not Montero specific. As you are aware aftermarket bumpers/parts for the Montero are scarce, but that’s part of the fun with these rigs right? After researching I knew quickly I would need to find something from another vehicle or fab something.

Coincidentally a fellow Montero owner (cap510 on the forums and a true Montero enthusiast btw) had the bumper available for sale. It was originally for a Nissan frontier/xterra. The mount tabs needed to be cut out, modified, and re-welded plus the ends needed to be trimmed. Aside from a few tweaks it turned out good IMO.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Nice you bought it from Carlos? Known and wheeled with him for years now...

Anyhow, it looks like we'll have a nice Mitsu 4x4 gathering there. You all want to meet at a local Starbucks and then drive onto the fairgrounds as a group? Would be pretty cool if you ask me...

KIRK!

Amateur Philosopher
I'm down for that.

Nice you bought it from Carlos? Known and wheeled with him for years now...

Anyhow, it looks like we'll have a nice Mitsu 4x4 gathering there. You all want to meet at a local Starbucks and then drive onto the fairgrounds as a group? Would be pretty cool if you ask me...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles