Two (2) non-working Edgestar 43qt fridges for parts

Strizzo

Explorer
i have two Edgestar fridges that were purchased as "scratch and dent" but were more likely refurbished. the first one never cooled very well, and the compressor sounded weak, it worked for about 6 months before it wouldn't cool anymore. after they failed compact appliance refunded my money rather than repairing or replacing them.

the second has a strong compressor, but only worked 3 or 4 days before it stopped cooling, the compressor still sounds good, but there was a bubbling sound coming from the area inside the fridge wall where the evap coil is, so it probably leaked out the refridgerant.

one of the handles has lost its spring that keeps it down, but the others are good, hinges, power supplies, controller boards all work fine. if you're handy with a brazing torch and solder you could probably swap the good compressor into another fridge that doesn't leak.

they are located in Houston, but i will be in the Dallas/Ft Worth area this weekend.

looking to get $50 each OBO.

PM would be the easiest way to reach me quickly

Strizzo

Explorer
I have spare compressors if needed.

that might work for the one that slowly stopped cooling after a few months, the compressor never sounded very loud, like in other mini fridges i've had. these would be great for someone that has the equipment to change out the parts and re-charge them. i don't, got my money back and now have a yeti cooler that is fine for my needs.

Strizzo

Explorer
one fridge is sold, the one with the strong compressor that died after a couple days. I still have the one with the apparently bad compressor if anyone is interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles