Stealth Camper Build

Stouttrout

Adventurer
Finally started feeling better. Got the AC area and front cabinets welded up. I am starting the Vent install on the roof. I got a Fan-Tastic vent for the top. It moves up to 900CFM in or out so it should keep it nice and cool. Also looks like I am going to have 32 gallons of water if I can make the containers fit.

Holes drilled in the top as a thunder is playing in the back ground:
2_zpsqddv051i.jpg

Bigger Hole in the top.
3_zpsgf7pnplw.jpg

She is in and right siliconed up. Now it is raining so I can test it.
4_zpsrkzgk9lw.jpg

5_zpsgrxyai5w.jpg

Last edited:

Stouttrout

Adventurer
Installed the window. Framed it out in 1" tube. I have to do the walls first before I can mount. Maybe next week.

1_zps77q61lkr.jpg

2_zpsd8kpy2yn.jpg

3_zpsl7mjpj0l.jpg

4_zpswmselvp3.jpg

Last edited:

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
Lookin' good! I'd say two windows would be better for camping, but having one window only definitely contributes to the stealth factor. I may have missed it, but what is your axle type (Torsen?) and rating, and what's your ground clearance?

Last edited:

Stouttrout

Adventurer
Wall space is valuable real estate I need so one window will do. Beside with the Fan I put in there, one window and the side vents should be perfect. The axle is a 3500lb 4' drop axle on leafs. I had an offroad popup. The popup trailer was a torsion with leafs and did great. We just have to see where this takes me. I may end up with a torsion axle on it. I still have 18 inches of ground clearance.

Yes that is Deuce.

Last edited:

Stouttrout

Adventurer
It is all insulated and the first wall panel went in.

224828_4071801761473_1281340505_n_zpsu2mbart8.jpg

Window is mounted

4_zpswmselvp3.jpg

Had to make a spacer for the inside window. So the ring would clamp it in properly.

Last edited:

TRegasaurus

Adventurer
Nice inexpensive camper you have there. I would just like to point out one thing wrong I saw in a picture on page two. The one with your rig parked in front of your house.
There is seriously something wrong with your garage.:sombrero:

Stouttrout

Adventurer
Nice inexpensive camper you have there. I would just like to point out one thing wrong I saw in a picture on page two. The one with your rig parked in front of your house.
There is seriously something wrong with your garage.:sombrero:

This is my new Dog House. My Shop is just about full ;)

Attachments

• 577623_4028127589646_131850708_n.jpg
    577623_4028127589646_131850708_n.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
ARB has a superb awning that you can fit just about anywhere on your rig, and the trailer looks like a fun build. One thing though. Draw out on paper as well as taped drawing inside before you cut carve and fab your permanent fixtures. I speak from experience. Have fun Jim

Stouttrout

Adventurer
Draw out on paper as well as taped drawing inside before you cut carve and fab your permanent fixtures. I speak from experience. Have fun Jim

I have alot of experience in that as well. :) Most everything will be modular in this one so it can all be ubolted and taken out. the daughters bunk in the rear is going to be the biggest think but it will also be built out of lumber and steel and will be able to be unbolted to take out. Just 30 days left before the big road trip so I need to find more time to work on it.

Stouttrout

Adventurer
The whole thing is paneled.

6_zpslhfhtwia.jpg

9_zpssdlr70qm.jpg

New deadbolt RV lock installed.

5_zps31pslhfw.jpg

6_zpsl74qj5a6.jpg

Fenders are reshaped and mounted

4_zpsjsgvsgz6.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics