Jeep lineup in the next few years

haven

Expedition Leader
Automobile Magazine got Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne to open the corporate kimono a bit regarding future products. Here's what Marchionne said about Jeep.

new Liberty, based on same platform as Dodge Dart. AWD, turbo 4 and 3.2L V6 engines. 9 speed auto transmission possible.

Grand Wagoneer, stretched version of today's Grand Cherokee, 3 row seating
new Jeepster, based on Fiat 500X, built in Italy, I-4 (turbo 4 likely)
new Patriot, larger than Jeepster, smaller than Liberty, AWD, turbo 4
Compass discontinued

Here's what the Fiat 500X is expected to look like. It's considerably larger than the current 500, about the size of the MINI Countryman. (pay no attention to the big wheels and road race tires) This is one of several crossover style vehicles that will appear in Europe in the next couple of years, all inspired by the success of the Range Rover Evoque.

jeepster-1.jpg

2015 or 2016
new Wrangler
(This is when I expect Jeep to introduce a pickup version, and possibly a diesel powered version of the Wrangler)

new Grand Cherokee, may be AWD with no two speed transfer case
Dodge Durango discontinued

Read more here
http://rumors.automobilemag.com/chr...srt6-confirmed-dodge-durango-dies-145119.html

Dollar

2015 or 2016
new Wrangler
(This is when I expect Jeep to introduce a pickup version, and possibly a diesel powered version of the Wrangler)

Yup. The Grand Cherokee is getting the diesel for 2014 (being released early '13). So I'm expecting the Wrangler to follow again like they did with the Pentastar.

Sent from a pay phone.

haven

Expedition Leader
I like the 500X as well. The MINI Countryman is much too expensive. The Jeep version will have at least a few different styling cues, so it will look a little different from the rendering above.

Storz

Explorer
Should be interesting to see what they come up with. Hopefully they make at least one of them small and capable (more than just AWD an snow car)!

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Yup. The Grand Cherokee is getting the diesel for 2014 (being released early '13). So I'm expecting the Wrangler to follow again like they did with the Pentastar.

My understanding is the GC is getting the 3.0 Diesel for the 2013 model year, which means it will be on the showroom floor sometime around Aug/Sept.Oct. 2012.

-Dan

Dollar

Not according to one of, if not, the most reliable sources in the Jeep forums community. 2013 will be a shortened year and will have minor changes and will actually end January 2013. That's when 2014's come out with the diesel option.

Sent from a pay phone.

Captjeep

Observer
I will believe it when i see it. Theyve been baiting us with the wrangler truck for what, 6 yrs now? I would like to get excited about the Wagoneer, but Ive got a feeling that it will be a Durango with Jeep badging. I guess time will tell

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles