Project Budget Beater

98dango

Expedition Leader
So I sit hear in a amazing town house in Breckenridge CO (thanks randy). Trip down was great we stayed in the Grand Teaton's last night. Got up at 5am and hear we are 685 miles later. Tomorrow will be walk around town and enjoy the town. Friday we set out for parts unknow don't have to be in Cody till next friday.

Will get some picks up later now we drink.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
So I sit hear in a amazing town house in Breckenridge CO (thanks randy). Trip down was great we stayed in the Grand Teaton's last night. Got up at 5am and hear we are 685 miles later. Tomorrow will be walk around town and enjoy the town. Friday we set out for parts unknow don't have to be in Cody till next friday.

Will get some picks up later now we drink.

What? Drink?:friday::bowdown::beer::violent-smiley-031::smileeek: you must mean something like this........
DSC04809.jpg

Too funny!:gunt::rally_guys::jumping::safari-rig::campfire::REOutShootinghunter:REExeSquatsHL1::hehe::smiley_drive::victory:

98dango

Expedition Leader
We are heading out buy 10 this morning to Ouray CO and the Alpine loop. Then from the loop up to Grand junction. Then north up to yellowstone and home. The plan is to spend one night on the loop and one north of junction. Then spend the rest of our time in yellow stone.

98dango

Expedition Leader
Been a while but hear is the update. The budget beater had a hard time of Colorado. We had a blast but the Engineers pass did a number on her. She made it home with some help from the man upstairs. Then I was gone with Fires and what not.

So she got a new family that loves her allready has a new heart and a little gril the calls her blue. She is still running around taking a new young family on adventures.

What I learned on our trip with allowed me to let her go to a new home. Long box is to much for expo/wheeling. We dont bring that much also the devided bed cab space was no good.

I want EFI even old school tbi is better the elevation changes where to much for me.

truck
Things I loved 4speed/208 never gave a problem.
front& rear suspenson worked awsome and great weight ballance 6650 3350/3300
350 only had a few issues due to old age easy back country fix.

accessories
Full enclosed canopie Plus and minus. Backing up was a bear in narrow areas in the dark. Lift gate style is not cool barn door all the way. CAnopie lighting rocked very low amp draw enough to read by. Full side opening was great easy to make a small room off either side for privacy or wind block. Insulation needed more work on a few cold nights.

All in All ir worked well but in the quest for inprovement we went a new direction.

98dango

Expedition Leader
thank all of you for the compliments I work hard on the truck and the misses works hard on the pictures that you all like so much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles