1994 9.6 Northern lite kitchen faucet

sisu

Adventurer
OK so I am flushing out the water system getting it set for summer camping etc. and notice that the kitchen faucet is leaking some where under the fake plastic chrome cover. I removed everything took the faucet out and what a surprise I had. The bloody thing is all take apart 9 O rings in all, parts galore like a helicopter.

Is it worth trying to get an O ring kit made up at NAPA or an RV store or just go buy a brand new faucet that fits the system?
All the O rings seem to me like a system looking for failure, but what do I know I only fix not design.

Photomike

White Turtle Adventures & Photography
I have a 92, no problems so far with mine thankfully. If you are 100% sure that it is the O rings get some and be done with the repair.

I am sure that it won't be an easy replacement job to find a faucet that will fit the space, cut outs, etc. Seems that everything on my unit is a unique size and it is not available any longer. So I repair everything that I can and only replace if I have to.

sisu

Adventurer
I have a 92, no problems so far with mine thankfully. If you are 100% sure that it is the O rings get some and be done with the repair.

I am sure that it won't be an easy replacement job to find a faucet that will fit the space, cut outs, etc. Seems that everything on my unit is a unique size and it is not available any longer. So I repair everything that I can and only replace if I have to.
Mike, I went to the RV shop looked at the price of the pieces to repair the faucet and just bought a new 4 inch Kitchen one for 30 bucks with tax. Did the install and had it up and running in less than 30 minutes. Will save the O-rings and suff for back up when on the road and in the Canadian-Alaskan areas

Photomike

Mike, I went to the RV shop looked at the price of the pieces to repair the faucet and just bought a new 4 inch Kitchen one for 30 bucks with tax. Did the install and had it up and running in less than 30 minutes. Will save the O-rings and suff for back up when on the road and in the Canadian-Alaskan areas

For that price you couldn't go wrong. Is the new one the same size? Is your faucet on an angle to the wall or square? Mine is in the back corner of the cupboard behind the sink and on an angle so not a lot of room to work with.

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
If it's on 4" centers, then any bar, bathroom or laundry faucet will fit. I've seen a million campers with laundry faucets. Seems to be a pretty common thing to do.

I replaced the laundry faucet with a bar faucet in my camper - lots more room between the faucet and sink now. Can even get a frying pan in there.

sisu

Adventurer
For that price you couldn't go wrong. Is the new one the same size? Is your faucet on an angle to the wall or square? Mine is in the back corner of the cupboard behind the sink and on an angle so not a lot of room to work with.

mine is square to the wall with a window behind it. Plenty of room to install it top side but rather tight on the space below deck to tighten the faucet unit to the sink. A knuckle rubber is all.

Last edited:

Photomike

Sure if I would have went with a unit two years newer I would have had more space for my taps :sombrero: :wings:

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
mine is square to the wall with a window behind it. Plenty of room to install it top side but rather tight on the space below deck to tighten the faucet unit to the sink. A knuckle rubber is all.

There is a special tool for that:

!BTG-b-!B2k~$(KGrHgoOKisEjlLl7pG)BKGuE4jH(g~~_35.JPG

When I did mine, I just removed the sink and didn't need the tool. The faucet I used is this one:

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...53&langId=-1&keyword=bar+faucet&storeId=10051

d2359a9a-7767-43e1-a57c-6edda14ba069_300.jpg

Most campers I've seen, have a laundry faucet like this:

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...talogId=10053&productId=100012381&R=100012381

2a15ef86-6eb1-4c51-8ed0-60aad2195809_300.jpg

Mine had this cheapo model:

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...angId=-1&keyword=laundry+faucet&storeId=10051

55126083-862f-4ad6-bb88-77a61c60daeb_300.jpg

sisu

Adventurer
I used the basin wrench to loosen the old tail pipe nuts as they were tight. But did not use the basin wrench to install as the entire unit is synthetic material so hand tightening is good enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles