Expeditions 7: Two Years Around the World on all Seven Continents.

rblackwell

Adventurer
It does not.
I owned a Defender 110 in Australia for a number of years.
If you lift a wheel (an easy thing to do on rocky shelf terrain) that end of the vehicle looses all power.
A cross axle locker ensures power to the still grounded wheel.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I know its already been asked, are these 70's donated, purchased, or still Toyota property. Its a bit personal of a question, so no problem if you don't answer. Just a little curious.

Dgurley2000

Adventurer
Will you guys be collecting data, testing equipment, etc. during this trip or is it mostly focused on sight-seeing and cultural interaction? Is this the first time someone has embarked on this sort of Expedition and are you setting some sort-of record? Are the Miller kids in school? Will they be home schooled or tutored during the Expedition? How many guys are sleeping inside each Land Cruiser? Do you guys know each other well? Any plans for a National Geographic article? Looks like fun.

Scott Brady

Founder
I know its already been asked, are these 70's donated, purchased, or still Toyota property. Its a bit personal of a question, so no problem if you don't answer. Just a little curious.

We purchased the vehicles at retail in New Zealand. Toyota has been very supportive, but E7 bought the 70s.

Scott Brady

Founder
Will you guys be collecting data, testing equipment, etc. during this trip or is it mostly focused on sight-seeing and cultural interaction? Is this the first time someone has embarked on this sort of Expedition and are you setting some sort-of record? Are the Miller kids in school? Will they be home schooled or tutored during the Expedition? How many guys are sleeping inside each Land Cruiser? Do you guys know each other well? Any plans for a National Geographic article? Looks like fun.

We are collecting volumes of data, but the intent of the trip is adventure travel (sight-seeing and cultural experiences) and content generation for ExPo, Overland Journal and a TV production.

Greg is an incredible father and one of the best drivers I have encountered. His kids will be involved with as many segments as time allows, but they attend school full-time.

The full-time team members are Greg, the TV crew and me.

We are considering adding another full-time driver and a third vehicle. Others come in and out as time and conditions allow. For example, Ray Hyland participated in the first leg, as did Mike (TrailSurfer), a Proffitt's Cruisers customer and members of the Proffitt's team. The next segment has a portal member coming along and some other folks. My wife will come on several legs. In the really remote stuff, it is just the core team.

Each Land Cruiser sleeps two. We are looking at adding a third Land Cruiser to better accommodate the TV crew.

We all know each other well (I have known Greg for several years). This is not a guided trip, so we all have to work together and pull on the same rope. All of the entities involved are heavily invested in the outcome.

Each segment of the trip will be featured in Overland Journal.

Many images and more of the technical details and vehicle builds will be featured here on ExPo. We will ultimately make all documentation, testing results, routes, lessons learned, safety plans, packing lists, vehicle specifications, etc. available to the members here on ExPo. For example, our master planning document is over 100 pages.

We are excited to have the trip under way :D

E7_NA_ExPo_ (7).jpg

jham

Adventurer
Man, if you guys need contacts when you hit sub-Saharan Africa, give me a call. I can especially get you anything and anywhere in Uganda.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles