4X4 Ambulance near Portland

jCubed

Adventurer
I'm in Portland, I can run by there today or tomorrow. Have you contacted them? I'm no mechanic though! :)

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
Just from looking at the pics I think you would be better off getting something a little newer. Its got a TTB frontend, more pivot points mean more places to wear. I think Ford only used TTB on their F350s for a couple of years before they went to a solid axle, that should tell you something. Look for something with a solid front axle especially on something that heavy. Its going to have a carb on it which means if you get 8 mpg out of it consider yourself lucky. I would look for something with fuel injection, either gas or diesel. MPG might not be an issue if you just plan on local camping. Its also most likely low geared with a non OD trans so fast freeway speeds will mean high engine RPMs which means big suck in the gas department.

The Rover Shop

Explorer
I would say that it would have to be in great shape...lets face it, they can't be abused due to their high profileappearance and they are regularly serviced and usually stored indoors...Hell, if I wasn't doing my defender I just might buy this...it would make an excellent expedition vehicle...might be a bit heavy on gas but i am sure a more economical diesel engine could be had for it quite cheap and an easy conversion..after all...it is a ford..

AstroXX

I've talked to him a couple of times and I can't get a good read on him. I'm not sure if he doesn't know or if he's hiding something. Call me suspicious, but that's why I don't want to spend full day of travel.

AstroXX

That was my thought. I'm short on funds right now so it would an extended project. Work on the interior, use it locally and eventually upgrade the driveline.

AstroXX

I'm in Portland, I can run by there today or tomorrow. Have you contacted them? I'm no mechanic though! :)
Thanks, that would be great if you have the time. I just need to know if it will make it back to Seattle and if there's any wiggle room on the price.

jCubed

Adventurer
Sorry about that, never checked this thread after I posted that. Did you end up getting it?

AstroXX

Sorry about that, never checked this thread after I posted that. Did you end up getting it?

No, I'm looking for something more practicle to get around in while I search for just the right project. I had to sell my Tundra before I went to Mexico so I'm looking for my 4th Toyota.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier