Post up your drawer/storage system

SSSSTFIRE

Adventurer
Cool, thanks for the advice.

Yeah, the red circles are for some 15" subs.

Burbbox.jpg

Interesting design planning. What did you use to create this? AutoCAD? Very nice.

RichardT

Adventurer
Cheers for the comments, here are a few more pics.

The clips at the bottom hold it in place, along with another on the back which clips to the box unit behind it (which holds the gas canister.

There's a fitted gas hose which runs between the two, but I've also got a spare hose, so when I unclip the chuck box, I can just unscrew the gas cansiter and take that with me too. The recess in the back box is for the handle of the chuck box.

Cheers

View attachment 82404

View attachment 82405

View attachment 82403

Thanks for sharing that, again, looks very clean and simple

Sent from my iPhone

edlaffoon

Adventure Every Day
edlaffoon, Of all the custom built boxes with all the time put into them, I think you win the award for most simple, yet easy to get to everything.

It's the equivalent of a Bug Out Bag for your truck! I'm stealing some of those ideas! :costumed-smiley-007

That really was the idea. I wanted something that was not permanent and could be moved fast if need be, but secure enough for off road.

edlaffoon, I know who I want to have on the trail with me if things go sideways!

Two Eric's are always better than one. :sombrero:

edlaffoon. I have to say I'm incredibly impressed with your system. The thing that I like the most about it is that everything is "dummy proof". Anyone can go to the back and grab the right bag without thinking twice about which one it is. Where did you get the nametags for all of your bags?

And I think that it's safe to say that I'll be stealing some of your ideas as well!! :victory:

Thanks soo much for the complements. I wanted a fool proof system. I have seen what happens when people get hurt and if the guy who goes down is the only one that knows how to get you out or get to the things that will get you out you are in trouble. This way anyone could open the box and get to work fast.

I've gotten my Name Tapes from http://www.1800nametape.com/ as well as a local source.

What really interests me, for some odd reason, is 'BAILION' - what does it mean?

That is where I get my tapes from too. And sorry I forgot to add this to the original post, to answer the other question, this is a Bailion, he is my Golden Retriever:

PICT0379.jpg

In turn my nickname is "Fixer" which is on one of the other bags.

Very nice system. Simple=good.

Thanks!

Sorry if I missed anyone.

Last edited:

ventura911

Adventurer
I set up my JK's cargo area with a two-part system. Both sections can be fully removed if necessary.

The bottom section has two sliding butcher block tables and holds the fridge and a Pelican case with stove and other camping needs. It's held in place by the rear seat bolts and two additional bolts in front of the tables.

photo 10.JPGphoto 11.JPG

The upper section bolts through the sides/fender wells of the cargo area and supports the water tank directly behind the seat. It has a basket that rises on struts, allowing easy access to the fridge and gear below. When closed, it is secured in place with two Jeep hood latches. The Pelican case on top, like the one below, is secured with the Caribou Cargo Quick Fasten System, so no straps are necessary.

photo 8.JPGphoto 6.JPGphoto 7.JPG

mtntrekker

Observer
I love the bottom section with the butcher boards and attaching the fridge and case. Would you be willing to share the design plans or who fabricated it for you. I've been wrestling with mounting a drawer and fridge in my JK and I like you set up.

Dale

ventura911

Adventurer
I love the bottom section with the butcher boards and attaching the fridge and case. Would you be willing to share the design plans or who fabricated it for you. I've been wrestling with mounting a drawer and fridge in my JK and I like you set up.

Dale

By all means, Dale, help yourself! I worked with Steven at SMP Fabworks in Sun Valley, CA (www.smp-fabworks.com). If you want more details, photos, etc., let me know.

mtntrekker

Observer
Do you have the drawings or does SMP? Do you have any photos of just the bottom section without any thing mounted on it? Any other details would be great.
I will contact SMP to see if they can help me.

Thanks again

Dale

edlaffoon

Adventure Every Day
Where did you get those Maratac bags? I am not familiar with them but wouldn't mind picking up a few.

Thanks.

countycomm.com is the only place I know of that sells them now (at least on the web). I wish I could find some that were made in the US but I have yet to be able to.

pyrate

Rollin' along
Electrical

For those of you that are putting a fridge on a slider, what are you using for the wiring when it extends and retracts to keep it from getting pinched or hung up on something?

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles