Toyota pickup trucks have a reputation as one of the toughest and most reliable vehicles around. Whether they are hauling farm equipment, transporting troops, or exploring the backcountry, these vehicles are pushed to their limits day after day and continue to operate reliably. Like so many other great overland vehicles, the Toyota pickup got its start in a post-war environment where practicality, simplicity, and brute toughness were desired. Toyota’s first truck, designated the Toyopet SB, was a small utility pickup with just 27 horsepower. Almost comical by today’s truck standards, this cheap yet reliable vehicle would serve the struggling Japanese citizens well, and establish a legacy of capability and durability that can still be seen in Toyotas, like the Tacoma we’ve found for you today.
With about as many modifications as James Bond’s Aston Martin, and less than 24,000 miles, this pickup is ready for any adventure you throw at it. Among the more notable additions you will find an ARB Deluxe Front Bumper with a 9500lb winch, dual Optima batteries to help power the 80qt ARB Fridge-Freezer, and a rear ARB Air Locker powered by their Twin Air compressor. Amazingly, these items only make up around a quarter of the gear on the owners extensive list which, by the way, happens to include a TRD (Toyota Racing Development) supercharger. If you’re looking for a great overland vehicle, without the hassle of modifying it yourself, then this Tacoma is definitely worth a look.
Here’s what the seller has to say:
This Expedition or off road truck is in excellent condition! I do not smoke nor do I allow others to smoke in the truck. This truck was modified with expeditions in mind… to say that it is loaded is an understatement. Of note a TRD supercharger, TRD cat back exhaust, and blue tooth was installed by the dealership shortly after it was purchased. Below are most of the features aside from the stock build:
- Overhead DVD player for rear passengers
- Wet Okole seat covers
- Cobra Citizen Band (CB) Radio and Kenwood amateur 2M Dual Band Radio “HAM”
- 2 interior and 1 exterior 110V outlets running off of 400W “anytime” invertor
- 2 exterior cigarette lighter outlets
- Garmin Montana GPS semi-permanently mounted
- Dual Optima Yellow top batteries with IBS battery controller
- 4xInnovations rock sliders and full set of ATO under body skid plates and Vision X led rock lights
- BajaRack roof rack with 2 10″ Rigid Industries SR series light bars
- ARB front bumper with built in fog lights , 2 8″ Vision X lights, and 9,500 lbs Tmax winch with synthetic cable
- Safari Snorkel
- ATO wrap around high clearance rear bumper with hitch, rear lights, shackle mounts, hi-lift notches, swing arm setup to hold 2 RotoPax cans as well as a flip down table, and backup camera
- ATO bed rack with Vision X led side and rear lighting and storage container rack
- Cascadia Vehicle Tent “Rainer” rooftop tent
- ARB 80 qt fridge on slider
- ARB rear air locker
- ARB big air compressor
- OME 886 front springs and OME Dakar rear leaf packs on all around Bilstein 5100 shocks
I am the original owner and purchased the vehicle in the Atlanta, Georgia area in the spring of 2011. It has been garaged a majority of the time since purchased. It has approximately 200 miles of off-road mileage, mostly on country unimproved roads. There is no damage as it has not been used as a crawler or taken over technical terrain. The reserve price includes payoff on the lien and fees. Buyer is responsible for vehicle pick-up or shipping.