E-Locker Harness wires ripped out.

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
I over extended my rear axle (See this post) and in the process ripped the E-locker wires out of the plug. I am thinking I can pull the plug off, remove the rubber grommets, and then take the pins out of the connector. Once the pins are out, I should be able to solder the wires to them and install the pins back into the connector. Would that work?

Here's a pic:

DSC00169.JPG

taco chaser

Supporting Sponsor
Ursidae69 said:
Do ya know which wire goes where?
Just push the switch on and check for power, then shut it off and check the other wire that didn't have power before and see if there is power at the wire, that will at least tell you what's on or off. I don't have a break down of the assembly but I'm pretty sure those wires are for the solenoid that engages the shift motor to pull or push the shift fork.

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
Last edited:

Paul R

Adventurer
I think those are just for the lock sensor... I could be wrong but you might not even need them? I know the white/black wire is a ground and from this think I see that the blue/yellow wire is the lock sensor. Maybe with the computer it needs it to be hooked up, but I just had it hooked up to a light when I retrofitted an e-locker.

**Edit looks like Grim beat me to it... :)

Last edited:

Paul R

Adventurer
Grim Reaper said:
If you cant then the short harness that has that plug is available for $39 and shipping from Inchworm.

That would definately solve your problem and work great if all else fails, I picked one up at the stealership.

flyingwil

NorCalBorn said:
So it should go without saying that you're also shopping for a pair of limiting straps at the same time??

Nope, it was stupidity in the driveway that caused the issue. (See link in first post).

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
flyingwil said:
I over extended my rear axle (See this post) and in the process ripped the E-locker wires out of the plug. I am thinking I can pull the plug off, remove the rubber grommets, and then take the pins out of the connector. Once the pins are out, I should be able to solder the wires to them and install the pins back into the connector. Would that work?

Here's a pic:

DSC00169.JPG

Late to the thread here but I have a few answers for you after taking a few of these appart in my day. Don't ask...

You can see the inside of the connector here:

Those wires go to your locked switch. All that switch does is stop the "RR Diff Lock" light from blinking (i.e. go from blinking to solid when you are locked).

Yes you can remove the pins from the connector with a pick and some patience. The pins are simply crimped onto the wire and the rubber boot that seals the connector where the wire goes in. You can undo the crimp with a pick and more patience. Re install the wires, rubber boot, then push them back into the connector. Good to go. I though I had some pictures give me a minute...

flyingwil

p1michaud said:
Those wires go to your locked switch. All that switch does is stop the "RR Diff Lock" light from blinking (i.e. go from blinking to solid when you are locked).

Yes you can remove the pins from the connector with a pick and some patience. The pins are simply crimped onto the wire and the rubber boot that seals the connector where the wire goes in. You can undo the crimp with a pick and more patience. Re install the wires, rubber boot, then push them back into the connector. Good to go. I though I had some pictures give me a minute...

Awesome! Thanks you crazy Canuck:26_7_2:

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Pictures.

I had to repair mine about two years ago due to corrosion....

I had a spare pig tail, but it's just to show you some pics...
DSC02283.jpg

Not the best pictures, but there is a little white clip that holds the wires in the connector...
DSC02284.jpg

DSC02285.jpg

DSC02287.jpg

DSC02288.jpg

DSC02291.jpg

Let me know how you make out or if you have any questions give me a shout!
Cheers,
P

flyingwil

P, you rock bro! Do you know which plug go in which slot? The FSM is not too clear.

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Wiring

flyingwil said:
P, you rock bro! Do you know which plug go in which slot? The FSM is not too clear.

Glad I could help after the Expedition Trophy sand course ride, now that was a blast! Does not make a difference. It's just going to either side of a switch. Once the switch closes (i.e. locker is fully locked) the light stops blinking and comes in solid. Just fix them and put them in, it will work.

Cheers,
P

flyingwil

p1michaud said:
Glad I could help after the Expedition Trophy sand course ride, now that was a blast! Does not make a difference. It's just going to either side of a switch. Once the switch closes (i.e. locker is fully locked) the light stops blinking and comes in solid. Just fix them and put them in, it will work.

Cheers,
P

Yeah lots of fun! The Canadian Flag now resides over my map lights! Makes me smile every time I see the Canuck Flag!

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Wiring woes...

flyingwil said:
Yeah lots of fun! The Canadian Flag now resides over my map lights! Makes me smile every time I see the Canuck Flag!

I'm happy to hear that you flag has found a spot in that great rig of yours. Going to bed, but if you need any more info don't hesitate to call.
Cheers :beer:,
P

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles