Derek's 'BST' Build II: FJ Cruiser

Derek24

Explorer
Blood Sweat and Tears (BST). For this build my goal is to try and eliminate the "B" in BST. From my last build and all that I've learned, and bleed from, I know now what works and what does not (or so I think). My plans for this build are clean, effective, and be worth the expenses. I tried a lot of suspension, light, engine, tires, and wheel variations on my Tundra and what I learned was is get the "best" the first time when purchasing mods. Set yourself up for ease and comfort out on the trails and for future mods!

Here are the details of what was on it when I purchased it:
-2011 FJ Cruiser 30K miles
-6 Speed Manual
-Factory rear locker
-A-Trac
-295/70/17 Toyo Open Country MT
-Safari Roof Console
-Cobra CB Radio
-OEM Sliders

DSCN1124_zpscf0c5a9d.jpg

DSCN1123_zps311ed0db.jpg

DSCN1129_zps3d54b17f.jpg

DSCN1130_zpsfbac3e72.jpg

DSCN1132_zps72266a4d.jpg

DSCN1137_zpsef6168b1.jpg

DSCN1135_zpse886b9db.jpg

In the past week I ordered a few things that I found useful for my Tundra...

DSCN1145_zpse47486ae.jpg

DSCN1146_zps577cf6b5.jpg

First I had to have a trailer hitch (OEM wring kit on its way)

DSCN1144_zpsabff9ca5.jpg

I loved my Husky liners in my Tundra, so I got some for the front. Just jump right in and go!

DSCN1139_zpsfa84da80.jpg

I took my 21" LED light bar from my tundra and some how it bolted directly to factory bolts behind the lower grill. Easy no drill install!

DSCN1142_zps4c5ce0be.jpg

DSCN1140_zpsf244ed2d.jpg

Today I installed my leftover 7inch offroad lights that I converted to 55w HID's 6000k. They are the exact size as the headlights

For now that is all. In two weeks the girl friend and I are leaving on a two week road trip to all the western states towing my uncles small tent trailer. I'm excited for the trip and the new ride!

Future plans:
-Baja Roof Rack
-Front bumper and winch
-Rear bumper
-ARB Fridge
-and more....

Enjoy,
Derek

uscg2008

Explorer
I loved your tundra build so I'm def Sub'd for this. My buddy loves his fj. He has icons from and rear with procomp coils in the rear. Exhaust, headers, CAI, and he has rear door interior latch mod and has a small flip down table on the back door.

Derek24

Explorer
I loved your tundra build so I'm def Sub'd for this. My buddy loves his fj. He has icons from and rear with procomp coils in the rear. Exhaust, headers, CAI, and he has rear door interior latch mod and has a small flip down table on the back door.

Thanks! I loved my tundra too, just want to try something different, and I'm loving the FJ so far. We will see how much I like it in two weeks when I leave for 4,000+ mile road trip! I like the idea about the table on the rear door, I'm going to look into that!

briz65

Adventurer
I love my '07 Short Yellow Bus. Looking forwaed to seeing yours progress.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

Derek24

Explorer
saw that there is a group buy on Tacoma World to snag an All Pro Apex front bumper for an FJ for under $600!

I saw that! I'm on the fence about the looks, not the best I've seen on the Fjs, but not the worst. Price is right though. Thanks for the heads up!

I love my '07 Short Yellow Bus. Looking forwaed to seeing yours progress.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

Thanks! I'm loving it so far, much more nimble.

Derek24

Explorer
Added the trailer wiring harness. Ordered up a factory Toyota one from ebay since it all plug and play. Very easy install, took about an hour. Clean!

DSCN1162_zpsa4c8ab78.jpg

DSCN1168_zps9f0e3e0c.jpg

DSCN1170_zps288eafed.jpg

Derek24

Explorer
Finally took it on some dirt roads today! Very dusty and dry out here, but always nice driving through the vineyards of soon to be $100 bottles of wine! 2013 is a great harvest season in CA! (for those wine'os)

DSCN1173_zps62004442.jpg

DSCN1178_zpse4ca512e.jpg

DSCN1181_zpsf985b158.jpg

DSCN1180_zps4b6a8d47.jpg

Derek24

Explorer
FJ is all packed! Had to really think about what and what not to bring with the less space compared to my Tundra! Sure is different, but seems to work. Off for a two week expo!! GF and I are off to oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, and Arizona! See what this great country has to offer! See everyone in two weeks!

Derek

image.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior