2F engine w/ 4 speed - in Van Nuys, CA

DesertRose

Safari Chick & Supporting Sponsor
This just came out of my FJ60 diesel conversion project (see Overland Journal, spring 2008). Located in Van Nuys, at TLC4x4.

engine.jpg

2F engine with 4-speed transmission (H42), minus transfer case

188,000 miles

TLC tested the compression:
Compression: 1) 165, 2) 160, 3) 160, 4) 155, 5) 160, 6) 152
Note: The rear main seal is leaking pretty bad.

Actually runs pretty well (got 16 mpg on its last trip, from Tucson to LA)

Transmission is in really great shape (needs seals) - overall very smooth and quiet, synchros working perfectly - this was a "soccer mom" vehicle for all but a few thousand of its miles so the wear is light

$300

MUST PICK UP IN VAN NUYS (LOS ANGELES) - no parting out, no exceptions. Paypal preferred.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
blupaddler said:
Anyone know if this will fit a 40?

What year 40?

For the most part, the motor will be a "bolt-in" swap. The transmission will not work with in a 40, wrong output shaft and top cover. Both can be worked around but not feasibly. Still for $300, that would make a stellar re-power or core motor to rebuild for an older FJ40. Has all the goodies for a built 40, PS, oil-cooler, o-ring electronic dizzy, gear reduction starter, etc. Worth it just for the accessories :D

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
If somebody needs the engine, I may be interested in the tranny and bellhousing for our 62.

Dave

AndrewP

Explorer
MoGas said:
If somebody needs the engine, I may be interested in the tranny and bellhousing for our 62.

Dave

I'd do that with you. I have a bunch of bell housings, plus an H41 and H42 gathering dust. My problem is transport to Norcal. If we can work something out, I'm in.

DesertRose

Safari Chick & Supporting Sponsor
Still available guys - need to move it this week or I'm giving it to a charity auction!

Sloan

Explorer
TLC is working on my 60 next week, if it turns out that your motor is in better condition than mine and it's still for sale... :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior