new guy loves the 60 series

Grease Cruiser

Adventurer
ckkone said:
For the real 60 series lover...

http://proffittscruisers.com/060707_photos/ian_gallery/index.html

DSC_0892.jpg

DSC_0902.jpg

That 60 belongs to Ian who works at Proffitt's Cruisers. It's a super clean rig and he has put a LOT of work into it. He is not a member of this forum but I'll tell him of the compliments tomorrow at work.

gearnut

Observer
silver fj60

My cruiser sits on 315/75 16 BFG mud terrains. I originally ran 15 in wheels but found the sidewalls on 16 in tires actually work better at lower air pressures in expeditionary applications. The roof rack is a combination of things both bought and fabricated. The rack is a pretty economical "safari rack" built for a jeep cherokee and ends up a 3/4 length rack w/ an inti light guard/bar added. The rig has a lot of mods I absolutely LOVE, but I dont feel it contends with that red 60 or w/ Henry Cubillons (former) green 60

BMAN

Adventurer
I absolutely LOVE my 85 FJ60 with tbi350 and 700r4. The engine swap was a loabor of love that's for sure. It only took me 3 years to get it done but now that I drive it all the time it was worth the wait. Need to do some maintenace on her this week as it's time to re-torque everything and replace some wheel studs I broke the other day (actually I'll be replacing them all), but other than that she's been a great ride so far.

IMG_3623.jpg

GaryMc

Explorer
Grease Cruiser said:
That 60 belongs to Ian who works at Proffitt's Cruisers. It's a super clean rig and he has put a LOT of work into it. He is not a member of this forum but I'll tell him of the compliments tomorrow at work.

I think I just wet myself a little, Ian isn't interested in selling that rig is he?

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
CaliCruiser said:
Nice lookin' 60 there BMAN. Did you trim up the rear quarters?

Dylan

Yes the rears are trimmed. I had the chance to check it out at the expo this year and it is done very well. They even have a nice roll to the edge, looks like it came from the factory.

I dig the 60 series. Especially when they have that extra touch like b-mans.

spressomon

Expedition Leader
I've always had a 'thing' for 60's...nice to see these post-ups: Great job folks! Maybe someday I'll need to satisfy my desire to get/build one...right after I get a bigger garage :) .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz