Mitsu Fuso Camper examples

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
So you could just slide out of bed in the morning with a push of a button?
Today 01:00 AM

LOL. That's exactly what we all said here.

My guess is that the chassis previously had a hydraulic dump tray,and the new owner just attached the camper to its subframe.

Actually it was custom built this way using a tipper hydraulic setup.
It would make sense if the cab tilted forward for engine access, but
the dual cab models are fixed to the frame.

One of the things we are looking at doing to it. First one.

Is that a plexiglass stone guard around the lower portion of the windshield?

Hi Chip, Nah these are like a thin mesh. About 10mm square. Very common here.

I'll do a post on this truck with all the details when it's finished because it's so unusual.

DontPanic42

Adventurer
Hi Chip, Nah these are like a thin mesh. About 10mm square. Very common here.

I'll do a post on this truck with all the details when it's finished because it's so unusual.

I would imagine that the legality of the windshield stone guard would vary here from state to state. Many years ago when I lived in New Jersey, I had to remove the rock screens fom my headlights when I went in for the yearly State Safety Inspection. Even the Inspector agreed they were actually a safety item but the way the law was written nothing was allowed to cover the headlights. I suspect that it has been changed or at least clarified as so many vehicles have clear covers over the headlights.
Clever idea though. I have been places where I would have liked to have had one.

kerry

Expedition Leader
Peter, do you have any close up pictures of the front motorbike rack? I've had thoughts about putting one on mine. How difficult is it to load the bike that high?

whatcharterboat

Looking good Peter, Awesome scenery too.

How difficult is it to load the bike that high?

Kerry, some guys here use an arm with a tiny electric winch on the end. Like a small boat trailer winch with a remote. So the arm clips into the end of the bike rack and pulls your bike up the ramp then gets stowed away for transit. Hitchmate do them here. I'll look for a pic. Makes it very easy to load when your by yourself and the rack is high anyway.

Had this homebuild down at work the other day. BTW I 'm sure that's one of our non-tilting bullbars on it, just don't ever remember seeing the truck before. Sign of old age........doh.
4559707557_d938bae6cd.jpg

4560336560_ce06f0b401.jpg

Last edited:

whatcharterboat

Kerry,

Tried to find a pic of the winch arm. No luck. Maybe ask hitchmate.com.au. He's actually an American ex-pat. We have our big show coming up in a couple of months so I'll try and catch him then and take a pic for you.

Peter,
The Honda 110 I use - a "Postie" has

Don't want to get this thread too OT but if you're a postie bike rider you will certainly appreciate this. It's probably worth starting a thread in the expedition bike section if you want to discuss this further but it started as a team building experience for our Posties and has morphed into this big annual event. Although personally, I could think of better ways of traversing 3 or 4000 k's of outback tracks. Talk about an Ironman competition. Check out the link.

http://www.postiebikechallenge.org/the_challenge.htm

Hungerford%20dawn.JPG

t73.JPG

Last edited:

VicHanson

Adventurer
It looks great, Peter! Glad you were able to try it out. I'm getting a bit anxious to do that myself but it will be awhile yet.

Vic

whatcharterboat

Just had this sent to me from one of our customers traveling in South Africa. Locally made over there. RHD. Probably very similar to the Australian FG84 spec. I'm guessing this. He said they were very helpful when he stopped in at their workshop. Ramcon. Cool heh?

4565497620_c50614347f_o.jpg

Last edited:

whatcharterboat

it apears that in south africa they offer SRW as a factory option. the web site shows a sweet SRW fire rig.

Yep. Appears that they do. Called the FG 6-106 SWA 4x4. The "SWA" would possibly stand for "Single Wheel Axle". Any way it has 10R 17.5" tyres (as Chocko already guessed) while the standard South African dual rear wheel truck, the FG 6-106 4x4 retains the 7.50R 16". Wow!!!

Did you notice on the SWA model specs, the rear axle is down rated to 2800kg instead of 4300kg and the max GVM is only 5400kg instead of 6000kg? Due to the load rating of the tyres or the wheels, obviously.

Leon, if you can, are you able to post that pic of the SRW fire truck here in this thread? I couldn't make it happen. Thanks mate.

Last edited:

PKDreamers

Adventurer
This one Kel found once again at Coffs Harbour, the camper back does come off . Nice truck.(the pic is not too good taken on phone sorry)

Attachments

• canter camoer.jpg
    canter camoer.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,737

haven

Expedition Leader
Here's a screen grab of the Canter FG 6-106 SWA 4x4 as sold in South Africa:

cantersouthafricasrw.jpg

A South African company called AC Motorhomes is using the SWA chassis
as the basis for a camper called the Addax (a type of antelope)

acmotorhomes-addax-2.jpg

The AC Motorhomes web site is here http://www.acmotorhomes.co.za/Addax.htm

Looking at the interior photos on the website, the Addax camper is constructed in the manner
of a conventional motorhome. This makes sense, since that's the company's primary business.
The company says it's willing to work with the customer on the camper layout and materials
employed to build it.

whatcharterboat

Taken yesterday. The owners were on their way back from a fishing trip up near Mackay and stopped to say gidday. It still looks mint after a few years now of adventure.

4778466623_ae0570a848.jpg

4779101338_0814301c65.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste