Prescott: A trip to the Trap Club

Scott Brady

Founder
Jonathan and I took a short break from final edits of the summer issue of Overland Journal and checked out the Prescott Trap and Skeet Club.

Jonathan's 90 year young Webley and Scott 16-bore side-by-side.

Prescott_Trap_4.JPG

And equally ancient and impressive case
Prescott_Trap_5.JPG

I was shouldering my trusty (and also old) Model 12, 12-bore pump. A 12-bore Model 29 Remington served as back-up. They belonged to my great grandfather and grandfather respectively.
Prescott_Trap_3.JPG

A few images of Jonathan in action
Prescott_Trap_1.JPG

Prescott_Trap_2.JPG

I think I will go out again this Thursday and try out my "new" 12-bore side-by-side

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
I'm jealous. The only public sporting clays course in Dallas is currently under water, and with no end in sight for the rain, we have no idea when we'll be able to shoot clays again. I'm now looking to make a short trip out of town to get some shooting in.

Nice SxS.

Cheers,

TD

Scott Brady

Founder
flyingwil said:
:drool: Does Jonathan own anything that isn't cool?

Not that I know of...

mmmm, maybe his cell phone - though I think it looks as bad as it does because Jonathan carries/uses it so reluctantly. I wonder if some of the drop damage was less than accidental :smilies27

kcowyo

ExPo Original
JH shoots lefty?.....:REOutShootinghunter

Nice workday stress reliever. So did you guys knock the eyes out with the old school shotguns or what?

shawkins

Adventurer
expeditionswest said:
I was shouldering my trusty (and also old) Model 12, 12-bore pump. A 12-bore Model 29 Remington served as back-up. They belonged to my great grandfather and grandfather respectively.
Prescott_Trap_3.JPG
Scott, that Model 12 is an Ithica right? I have one of those in 20ga. I love mine.

BogusBlake

2006 Expedition Trophy Champion
Those old pumps are great. I shoot an 870 Wingmaster from 1953. It's still smooth as ever. You'd need a couple thousand fingers to count how many dove that thing has nailed.

Looks like you guys had a blast (pun intended):gunt:

david despain

Adventurer
Nice, thought i was on EE for a second there.

that thread has got me thinking i need to start shotgunning but i dont know of any sporting clays near me so if anyone in SLC wants to go and knows a place give me shout.

7wt

Expedition Leader
tdesanto said:
I'm jealous. The only public sporting clays course in Dallas is currently under water, and with no end in sight for the rain, we have no idea when we'll be able to shoot clays again. I'm now looking to make a short trip out of town to get some shooting in.

Nice SxS.

Cheers,

TD

Have you been to Alpine in Ft. Worth?

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
Nice, thought I was on EE for a second there.

If this were EE we would have made sure the Rolex showed up better.

What Scott diplomatically failed to mention was that he outshot me. I edged him by one the first round, but he trounced me the second. We'll have to see what happens when real birds are the targets . . .

Erin, where is the Picacho Club? I know there's a range out on Ajo west of Tucson.

The Model 12 was American gunmaking at its best: nothing fancy, just a reliable gun you can shoot forever. The 12 was also the most elegant pump ever made, I think.

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
. . . and I don't abuse my cell phone on purpose.

Very often. . .

But it's true: I wouldn't even own one if it weren't the only phone that works where we live. One thing's for sure: You'll never catch me with one of those little Borg ear-implant phones. Creepy.

You haven't witnessed true cell-phone lunacy until you've watched Scott check email on his Blackberry while prerunning the Baja 500.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94