Wj Wip

Tanto

Adventurer
Great site, I'm more into finding the backwoods camp site with the kids than beating on my rig.

I'm taking some time go back to school (again) so not much happening with the WJ right now. Here is how far I got when I ran out of funds. Stuff I am planning to tackle next include, winch, nav system & lights. Plus, buy an offroad popup or convert one.

206317_6575894229_2008_n.jpg

Model & Year:
2000 WJ

Engine Type:
4.7L V8

Engine Bay additions:
Standard

Suspension & Steering:
Up Country springs
2" Budget Boost
OEM steering stabilizer
Biltzen shocks
JKS Quicker Disconnects for front sway bar
Rear ADDCO sway bar

Tire & Wheels:
265/70 R16

Drivetrain:
Quadra Drive

Protective & Recovery:
ARB bull bar
T-Max 12,500 lb winch
Complete skid package
Rock Rails from a 2002 Overland edition WJ
Hi-Lift jack (2)
Factory Tow package - Rear tow hitch
Tow straps and misc. hardware

Other accessories:
CB radio
On board air
Kevin's Off Road roof rack
Factory tow package
Tools, first aid, fire extinguisher
Shovel & axe

Ride Height (fender to bottom lip of rim):
Front (average): TBD
Rear (average): TBD

Last edited:

Tanto

Adventurer
gillti said:
Welcome, it's a great site with lots of respect for different vehicles! :26_34_3:

I see that, lots of variety & ideas in here. I'm suprised I didn't find this place earlier than this.

JPFreek1

Explorer
Hey there! Welcome to the site and congrats on a FINE looking rig. Take care, good luck with school, and happy Jeepin'!

Frank

:wings:

pete.wilson

Adventurer
Hey

Tanto,

Who's budget boost did you use? Did you notice any unuausal habits after installation? Did it require londer shocks? Brake Lines longer? Thanks. I want to limit the lift I add; I have talked to several people who have put 4in. lifts into WJ's and they have developed serious problems after a short time.

Pete Wilson

Tanto

Adventurer
I have had no problems what-so-ever. My Jeep sits at 3" over stock after my lift, I had the measurements to the hub at one time but misplaced them. I have a combo factory Up Country springs and Terraflex 2" BB. The BB came with bumpstop extenders to protect my fenders from the larger tires. I went from 245/65r16s (I think, maybe 70s) to 265/70r16s. I put new shocks in for proper wheel travel, since I extended the bump stops I didn't want a shorter travel. The brake lines are long enough stock that there is not a problem. I did go with a Old Man Emu stearing stabilizer. I didn't feel that the stock SS was beefy enough for the larger tires. There is a little bump steer but it isn't all that noticable. If I went to a dual SS setup it would solve the problem.

People run into problems with the 4" lift when they don't get the right combinations of materials. Check out Kevin's Offroad he knows what he is doing. Another good source for WJ components is Nick Ianuzzi (Kolak), you can E-mail him at kolak@aol.com When going over 3.5" it is usually recommended to upgrade your front drive shaft to limit driveline vibrations, plus you will need to get extened control arms. I have a freind that did a 4" Kevin's lift without a shaft upgrade on his WJ without any issue & loved the set up. Nick helped me with mine.

Good luck, ask if you need more info.

Last edited:

Tanto

Adventurer
One more note, Kevin's and Nick both carry alot of JKS stuff. Pretty sure the adjustible short arms they carry are JKS. I've got the JKS quicker disconnects & love them.

Tanto

Adventurer
Some old pics

I haven't been here in a while & just started poking around again.

Found some old pics of the Jeep before the bull bar and KOR rack. Here are some of my favortie action shots from that group.

DSC00397.jpg

Didn't quite make it the first time, so try again.

DSC00398.jpg

DSC00400.jpg

DSC00401.jpg

Was a good day, the fender has since been painted as well.

Last edited:

Tanto

Adventurer
The other day my son and I played with the Jeep. We returned a chipmunk that we trapped to the wild. He was too fast for the camera so I took pics of the Jeep instead.

NP100_6798.jpg

np100_6796.jpg

np100_6807.jpg

NP100_6802.jpg

100_6805.jpg

Last edited:

neliconcept

Spirit Overland
like your rig, i see its a kevins off road roof rack

custom made? any chance I could get one built for my 4runner?

Tanto

Adventurer
I apologize for not seeing your question earlier. The rack is made specifically for the WJ. However, if your rails are similar to mine and spaced the same distance apart it could fit your rig. I'm planning on finishing my antenna installation Re-do this weekend. I'll snap some photos of the mounting detail & pull a tape across it for you.

Tanto

Adventurer
I got a new Antenna & mounted it up here is how I ran the cable:

100_7150-1.jpg
100_7152-1.jpg

100_7153-1.jpg
100_7155-1.jpg

100_7156-1.jpg
100_7157-1.jpg

100_7158-1.jpg

Done, now I need to tune it.

Last edited: