I lost my no-loss valve cap

articulate

Expedition Leader
Can you believe this? So, my buddies and I are airing up our tires at a gas station becuase we're all too cheap to get some on-board air. You should know this drill, if anything just to know what it's like to pretend to work in a pit crew:
  • One guy's in charge of holding the hose and inserting quarters
  • Another guy's in charge of putting air in the tires
  • Another guy's in charge of removing valve caps and checking the tire pressure
Sounds like a joke, doesn't it? How many guys does it take to air up 4 tires on a Jeep?

I digress . . .
So, when we were all done Frank handed me one of my valve caps -- a frickin' regular one. This had me dumbfounded because I distinctly recall throwing away my regular valve caps when I installed the no-loss caps. Yet, there was Frank saying, “This was the only cap that wasn’t a no-loss cap.” And I thought, “Well son of a ********** I only put three of ‘em on and threw away the fourth! I lost a no-loss valve cap! What a loser!

Alas! That was not the case! On the way home, a thought hit me square in the forehead: didn’t you rotate your tires recently?

And here lies the problem with no-loss valve caps: you only get 4 in a package. If you’re doing 5-tire rotations, you too will lose a no-loss cap when you rotate one out of service and into the spare’s location . . . .

The end.
:beer:

ZooJunkie

Explorer
and here I thought you were going to fire the guy in charge of removing the valve caps and checking the pressure... Boooring!

navara-au

Observer
Hmmmm....:rolleyes:

While your have the subject of dust caps . Does anyone use Staun Deflators??
They screw on to your valve stems and are preset to whatever pressure you need to deflate your tyres to. Very quick and easy.

Heres a linky http://www.staunproducts.com/

navara-au

Observer
kcowyo said:
There has been a discussion with links to deflator comparisons, including Stauns, here -[/URL]

Well stauns are obviously as popular over there as they are here.

Better get back on topic. Articulate maybe a little too much of this :friday:

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
navara-au said:
Hmmmm....:rolleyes:

While your have the subject of dust caps . Does anyone use Staun Deflators??
They screw on to your valve stems and are preset to whatever pressure you need to deflate your tyres to. Very quick and easy.

Heres a linky http://www.staunproducts.com/

Got mine and love them!

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
And here lies the problem with no-loss valve caps: you only get 4 in a package. If you’re doing 5-tire rotations, you too will lose a no-loss cap when you rotate one out of service and into the spare’s location . . . .

I lost a set of four new ones the last time I had new tires put on. (pissed me off... do I have to be watching everything) By the time I realized they were missing it was too late to complain. I made it up the last time I ordered new tires from the same person, he had no choice if he wanted the sale...

articulate

Expedition Leader
Desertdude said:
I lost a set of four new ones the last time I had new tires put on. (pissed me off... do I have to be watching everything) By the time I realized they were missing it was too late to complain. I made it up the last time I ordered new tires from the same person, he had no choice if he wanted the sale...
(raised from the dead....)

GRRRR! Who knew we'd be so protective of our $10 valve caps? :)

BigAl

Expedition Leader
I'll bite, what the hell is a no loss valve cap? Is it in the same isle as the blinker fluid?

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
...It was traumatic
crybaby.gif

:::

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94