Rotopax fuel packs

MisterTinkle

Adventurer
I am looking at options for carrying extra fuel in my short bed truck. I am (of course) considering the AT fuel can holders, but I also came across these ATV type fuel packs. It looks like these would mount easily to a bed divider when needed, and be easy to remove and regain valuable space in the back of the truck.

Anybody here have experience with these in 4x4's?

PJPR01

Adventurer
Yup...these are great, I've got 1 green 4.5 gallon gas and 2 2 gallon white water containers snapped together. They are slim lined, low profile and fit well in many places...also easier to manage than the bulky jerry cans.

Also...they don't leak or have any vapor loss, so no worries about storing them in the car as needed either in case you don't have a spot for them on the roof.

UNI

Adventurer
We use both Jerry Cans & Rotopax. Like PJPR01 said, they work great!

2361986890100746432S200x200Q85.jpg
2589187310100746432S200x200Q85.jpg

SilverBullet

Explorer
PJPR01;546459Also...they don't leak or have any vapor loss said:
That is very good to know. I am looking for fuel solutions for my 4Runner and don't want cans inside. I was looking at Rotax packs to store on the roof (in a rack of course) but if this is the case, I can store them inside with no worries and keep my weight low. :wings: Thanks for that info.

FJLED

Adventurer
I've driven with them full from Houston, TX all the way to the mountains of NM...they expanded quite a bit but none of them leaked.

P1100356.JPG

P1010070.JPG

P1010055.JPG

Rexsname

Explorer
Do any ExPo vendors stock or sell these? I think a 2 gallon might work well for additional fuel for my motorcycle.

REX

MisterTinkle

Adventurer
Thanks for all the feedback! Sounds like everybody likes them. I think I will get a 4g unit and a couple pack mounts, and mount it to the bed divider in the back of the truck. Thanks again!

SilverBullet

Explorer
Do any ExPo vendors stock or sell these? I think a 2 gallon might work well for additional fuel for my motorcycle.

REX

Rex, I have seen these on Amazon the cheapest. I am too in support of using vendors, but I can't seem to find them. Maybe you and I could do a group buy to split shipping.

PhulesAU

Explorer
Rex, I have seen these on Amazon the cheapest. I am too in support of using vendors, but I can't seem to find them. Maybe you and I could do a group buy to split shipping.
I've seen photos of guy with the single gallon models mounted on panniers?? saddle bag hard case things. and those Amazon prices are pretty nice.

PJPR01

Adventurer
Sounds like we ought to approach Rotopax and ask them to be an Expo sponsor! Is there a formal process here to do that?

FJ - I'm sure our paths have crossed on the highways as we've done numerous trips from Houston as well out west...

FJLED

Adventurer
I'm sure we have. I'll probably be making a trip to big bend, ouray, and possibly halfdome this year as well.

I would contact the owner of rotopax (Jason was his name, I believe), but he was able to get me a discount on their products when I purchased. I know they are heavily used in the ATV industry and have had great reviews.

If there was enough interest I am sure he could at least provide a discount code or something to forum memebers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles