New Product - TRASHAROO!

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Hey guys/gals,

I've been interested in the australian trash bags that hang off your spare tire carrier for a few years and i've always wanted to buy one..well they're over $100.00, plus you have to ship them here. It's just not worth it. Up until now there had been a few tire bags/covers that hold your tools or jumper cables, but nothing that held your stinky dirty trash. So way back in January i decided to fill that void with a prototype, make numerous revisions and now production has finally finished.

Introducing Trasharoo.... http://www.trasharoo.com

cimg4921.jpg

In the last months of testing, our prototype has been through several hundred off road miles. A bag has been sent to Australia for even longer testing of several hundred miles per day in the outback. Both have proven successful. As a matter of fact, we just got back last night from a 4 day trip where we used the original prototype and it's still holding up fine.

We are selling the bags under our company Caltape.. so if you have any questions about who CTP Inc. is, that's us. Like i've told many, im not trying to get rich.. im just trying to fill the void. We've produced 200 units and they're selling at a introductory price of $49.99 + shipping. You can go to the website link up above and order yours today. It will ship out in a few days because we are still finishing up a few little details (logo on bag) in the next 48-72 hours.

The bag will be featured in new products of JP magazine and OJ hopefully in the next few months with their impressions. We are also excited to announce that Sierra Expeditions will be carrying these bags in the next month or so also.

If you'd like to order your TRASHAROO today by phone you can call:

CALIFORNIA TAPE PRODUCTS INC.
3301 E. MIRALOMA AVE SUITE 189
ANAHEIM CA 92806
714-854-7292

And speak with either me (Dave) or Yoshi. We are here 830am-5pm PST Mon-Fri. Sorry Dixie can't talk so she can't take your order :)

If you want to order online securely you can go ahead and do that also at http://www.trasharoo.com (*make sure to note if you want the bag shipped or if you'd like to swing by and Will Call the bag)

Last edited:

tommudd

Explorer
Great product, :drool:
looks as if you have spent some time making sure that it will last and work as it should.
You will be getting a call shortly for one
if shipping to Ohio isn't 100 bucks! :)

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Great product, :drool:
looks as if you have spent some time making sure that it will last and work as it should.
You will be getting a call shortly for one
if shipping to Ohio isn't 100 bucks! :)

Thanks! We appreciate it. I set a flat rate on the shipping.. it will show you on the website when you check out.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
I'm ordering one, and I don't even have a rear spare. :) It'll be interesting to see what alternate mounting tactic results.

Good to see pictures of the Cruiser and trailer on the website, Dave. Just think, if you relocate the rear plate to the roof rack, you can have dual Trasharoos. His and hers. Human and canine. Etc. :sombrero:

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
I'm ordering one, and I don't even have a rear spare. :) It'll be interesting to see what alternate mounting tactic results.

Good to see pictures of the Cruiser and trailer on the website, Dave. Just think, if you relocate the rear plate to the roof rack, you can have dual Trasharoos. His and hers. Human and canine. Etc. :sombrero:

Thank you so much!

LOL! That's a great idea Mike.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Very nice, Dave. I was just thinking about an alternative to hauling garbage out besides inside the truck. You can bet I'll be ordering one in the next few days.

cnynrat

Expedition Leader
I've been patiently waiting for this to be completed - great idea. We never seem to have room for trash inside the FJ once we're loaded with camping gear. I just ordered one.

ExpoMike

Great idea and product Dave and Yoshi (oh and Dixie).

Question for you, it says it will fit a 30"-35" tire. Is it that you run out of adjustment to go smaller? I would like to get one for our Kamparoo (hey a Trasharoo for the Kamparoo :D ) but the spare on it is about a 27" or so. Will it go smaller than 30"?

Thanks guys.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Mike, yes it will go smaller... but then the back isn't supported as much as i would like. Will at Sierra Expeditions had his mounted on a 29" tire and it seemed like it wanted to slide down a little after a few hundred miles. He just had to re-adjust the straps every so often. The bigger the tire, the more aggressive the tread.. the better the bag stays. With all that being said, i can send you one if you want to try and if it doesn't work you can just fire it back to me.

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
dave, my first kneejerk is "thats pimp".

What would someone do in bear country with this type of trash setup? just make sure you empty'd it before camping? What about residual smells? Would this have to go in a bear canister or in the rig for the night?

thanks!

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
What would someone do in bear country with this type of trash setup? just make sure you empty'd it before camping? What about residual smells? Would this have to go in a bear canister or in the rig for the night?

thanks!

Tie a rope around a strap and hoist it into a tree at night. That's all i would do.

dms1

Explorer
I saw this bag in action over this labor day weekend and it is constructed nicely and had a nice fit and finish, it also held a lot of trash.

Good job Dave and Yosh (and Dixie too)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94