AT Comanche Flippac

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
To further continue the upgrade thread from the Jeep section, I thought it appropriate to move this aspect of it here.

AT has recently become a Flippac dealer and this addition to the AT MJ represents the beginning of a new series of products to go along with Flippac installations using new additions to our composite drawer systems.

We had the Flippac made without windows and had the sides laid up thicker than normal so that gear and enhancements can be attached directly to the interior and exterior. This also helps reduce entry points for the uninvited. We had it wired to our specifications giving us 2 light locations and 2 power outlet locations.

The interior of the truck bed and the tail gate have been coated with a gray Line-X so that it does not get too dark inside.

A few of the things planned for this complete interior & exterior build out are to include 3/4 bed length AT Composite drawers, 18 gallon water tank, 210 amps of aux power with solar, LED lighting throughout, vented porta potty enclosure, National Luna Weekender 50 liter Twin Fridge/Freezer, movable stove (int/ext use), gobs of storage for supplies & tools & parts, dual Fiamma F-35 awnings, exterior shower hookup, Thule Smart RV accessories (sink/counter & organizers), folding step, etc

This is just the beginning and we will post up here as this progresses. The MJ and the Safari Pacific Ranger, also with a custom Flippac we designed will be at the OV Expo for those who may be interested to learn more.

if you want to learn more about the mechanical mods to the MJ, go to this thread http://expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15684

Attachments

• MJ Flippac Ft Closed.jpg
    MJ Flippac Ft Closed.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 1,855
  • MJ Flippac Ft Open.jpg
    MJ Flippac Ft Open.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 1,771
  • MJ Flippac Rr Closed.jpg
    MJ Flippac Rr Closed.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 1,279
  • MJ Flippac Rr Open.jpg
    MJ Flippac Rr Open.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 1,409
Last edited:

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
Wow! That's awesome. I'm wanting to put a Flippac on our new to us Tundra, and seeing those photos reinforces that idea. As a former Comanche owner, I've got to say your truck is the nicest example of that breed I've ever seen.

Rexsname

Explorer
I am very much looking forward to seeing this at the Exposition next month! I have been thinking that an awning over the back door would be cool for shade while (whilst?) cooking. Is there enough room between the top of the door and the flip lid to do so? My preference would be a Hannibal :drool: When will you begin?

REX

suntinez

Explorer
lookin good

Mario, that looks great! I'll be interested to watch the awnings grow out of your flippac, would like to do that to mine too.

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
Thanks for the comments. Haggis, I am the original owner and have kept her up since day one.

The F-35 awnings are planned for the sides. An awning would be cool for the rear but I have not found a suitable hardcase awning off the shelf just yet. I do not like the soft case units and I do not want the legs to go the ground as all of the soft case ones I have seen do. I need to take a long hard look at one but I may be able to narrow the width of a F-35 and still get it to work, we'll see. The awning legs of the F-35 will attach to brackets on the body. This was I do not have to mess with guy lines and if I need to make a positional change to my campsite, I don't have to break down the setup.

Awnings go on tonight.

Willman

Looking great my friend!

Your rig is sure a nice setup!

Oh and nice new bumper too!!!

:)

Last edited:

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Ok... now I want to come to the Expo! :Wow1:

Sweet geezus. An MJ, built by AT with a Flip-Pac.... A new benchmark for coolness has been set.

:bowdown:

VikingVince

Explorer
Looks great Mario...love it! You're going to give Earthroamer JP a "run for the money." :smiley_drive: I've always been of the opinion that the Flippac has been generally under-utilized (of course I'm biased) and that there's a market for conversions using the Flippac that could include all the amenities one chooses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles