Notebook Portable Grill/Hot Spot Notebook Grill

telwyn

Adventurer
Notebook Portable Grill

The July issue of bon appetit magazine is all about bbq. They have a 1 page article on a pretty cool grill called the Notebook Portable Grill and recommend it be purchased here - http://www.aplusrstore.com/product_detail.php?show=product&pid=290&cid=93

I have no affiliation at all to this, but does look pretty cool. Weighs 8 pounds, folds up to be only about 1 inch thick, and is stainless steel.

I just ordered one for $48 and will report back. Could be a great camp grill.

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
telwyn said:
The July issue of bon appetit magazine is all about bbq. They have a 1 page article on a pretty cool grill called the Notebook Portable Grill and recommend it be purchased here - http://www.aplusrstore.com/product_detail.php?show=product&pid=290&cid=93

I have no affiliation at all to this, but does look pretty cool. Weighs 8 pounds, folds up to be only about 1 inch thick, and is stainless steel.

I just ordered one for $48 and will report back. Could be a great camp grill.

my wife agrees, that thing is pimp!

what a cool idea.

rmarz

Adventurer
Hey Telwyn, thanks for the link! That is a neat looking grill and I agree that for forty eight bucks it is worth a try.

hoser

Explorer
Haha, this morning the wife was looking at the Bon Appetit mag and said she wanted that grill. We'll be looking forward to your review.

Edit: I searched a bit more and found this Hotspot Notebook Portable Grill for $29.99 and free shipping.

Apparently they are sold under the brand name Bayou Classics as well. Not sure if it is the exact same product but the pictures are all the same.

Last edited:

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like it could be used as a fire pit as well. for areas where you are not allowed to build fires on the ground.:campfire:

telwyn

Adventurer
Yup - looks identical. Oh well - I'll still reply back with a review after I get my more expensive version.

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Cool design, but I'll bet you would have to be very vigilent in cleaning it out before packing it away (as opposed to the the kettle type that will contain any left-over ashes).

RHINO

Expedition Leader
i got something similar from home depot,,, similar that it folds nearly flat anyways and has rigid sides. could definately be used for a fire pit if needed, on clearance for $7 just had to try it

latinoguy

Adventurer
RHINO said:
i got something similar from home depot,,, similar that it folds nearly flat anyways and has rigid sides. could definately be used for a fire pit if needed, on clearance for $7 just had to try it

can you post a pic?

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
notebook grill

Looks very cool but no place where I live that allows open fires. Also I think it would be a PITA to pack out the ashes.

RHINO

Expedition Leader
i got it specifically for a dutch oven table but have used it for a grill twice and its fine, for $7 i cant complain.

paulj

Expedition Leader
Unfortunately the Pyromid portable grill is no longer in production. It's as compact, and very fuel efficient (normal 'fill' is 9 briquets). One hint from that system - line the grill with a large enough sheet of foil, and poke some ventillation holes. This simplifies cleanup considerably.

Disposing of hot coals is still a problem. An existing fire ring is usually the best choice.

http://www.pyromid.net/

paulj

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles