Bradshaw Trail...February 6th,7th,8th,and,9th

M

modelbuilder

PICS AND REPORTS START ON PAGE 12

We will be heading out exploring the Bradshaw starting early Saturday morning (the 7th) to Monday afternoon (the 9th).

This will be a 2 day trip. Take a look at the itinerary below for trip info and fun!!!

We would like to do a pot luck for both nights...so bring whatever you want and cook it up. If you would rather not participate no worries. If you would like to bring some wood for the campfire please PM me...I can bring some as well.

For Sure:

modelbuilder
jdholder
cowboy roscoe
socaljeeper
luk4mud
nwoods
cbradley

Maybe

L8 APEKS
mnfeo2

Trip Itinerary (To be updated on a regular basis)

February 7th:
Meet prior to 8am at the Arco Travel Center in Mecca. When the clock strikes 8am we are moving on out.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...6&g=90480+66th+Ave+Mecca,+CA+92254&iwloc=addr

Explore west end of trail and Red Canyon. Camp at Augustine Pass Rd intersection.

February 8th:
Explore east end of the trail and dig at geode beds. Camp near Geode beds at this coordinate (from nuggetwranglers.com)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...&t=h&z=16&g=N33+25.769+W114+54.290&iwloc=addr

February 9th: Explore in the am and begin return trip from Blythe in the mid to late PM.

PLEASE SIGN UP FOR THE POTLUCK. Everyone is welcome to eat what I cook regardless of participation =)

:chef:

Use your own supplies for the pot luck (bring your own plates, napkins, and silverware)

Pot Luck: Saturday Night

socaljeeper: Tri Tip
modelbuilder: Beer Stew and Beer
luk4mud: Side Dishes (Green Beans, Noodles, etc.) Red Wine =)

Pot Luck: Sunday Night

socaljeeper: Macaroni Salad
modelbuilder: (Still thinking)
luk4mud: Turkey Burgers

:truck:

Last edited:

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
This sounds like a lot of fun, but I'm not familiar with this trail...where will you be starting from?

I'd love to join you but doubtful I would be able to get Monday the 9th off. I'll keep my eye on this thread though and see how your route progresses.

L8 APEKS

Observer
Looks like it's all fire road...I'd be temped to drive my Volvo instead of my Jeep to save on gas! Are there any sections that require 4wd?

M

modelbuilder

Not sure...but here is a link to those that have done this trail before...

We will be leaving from the Salton Sea and heading east.

http://www.adventureduo.com/2007/11/...and-route.html

I would advise no to the Volvo just in case...you never know what might happen. Might just be better to drive a vehicle you know is going to be safe through unexpected conditions.

And remember the 9th is a holiday...for any of you who get that day off.

Last edited:

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
The 9th is a holiday? Of February? For what? I know I don't get that off...the following Monday is Presidents Day is that what you are thinking??

I've taken a quick look at the route on google maps...seems easy enough. I'd like to test out the 4Runner on this if I can get the lift done in time, but we will see. I know we were planning on doing another run the following weekend so I don't know if I can squeeze two in.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
The trail is not hard at all. You could take a 2wd rig through it. It's a heavily graded fire road. It's very smooth in certain sections and it's not uncommon to reach the halfway point in one day without driving fast.

When we camped at Wileys Well they wanted us to pay for a week or something silly like that. We advised them that we were just passing through and we'd only need one night. If i remember correctly they let us stay for free. I guess that campground can get filled with rock hunters out in that area so check ahead if it's possible. They tend to stay a week at a time.

Steve Curren

Explorer
There are lots of great trails off the Bradshaw also camping can be done as long as the area is not closed. I have camped a number of times off Red Cloud Mine area as well as along the way there are trails going to the North, South you might get blown up.. Enjoy the trip, I have been in that area for about 30 years and never get tired of it.

M

modelbuilder

Thanks for the responses!

I will post info as I get it. I will also start a running list of those who wish to come in the first post of this thread.

L8 APEKS

Observer
modelbuilder said:
I would advise no to the Volvo just in case...you never know what might happen. Might just be better to drive a vehicle you know is going to be safe through unexpected conditions.

The Volvo has a rear locker...the Jeep is open/open. haha! I might do better in the Volvo anyway! :)

Explorer 1

Explorer 1
Watching on the Bradshaw

Keep an eye out for one of these on the Bradshaw:

December2006028.jpg

December2006029.jpg

December2006030.jpg

An abandoned vehicle on the trail used to smuggle illegals across the border. Turns out the Bradshaw, since it roughly runs parallel to I-10, is a major route for this kind of traffic. :gunt:

Thanks,
Fred
Explorer 1

1leg

Explorer
I was thinking about doing this the last week of Dec 08, But I can wait, Put me on the list to go, and the Geode Beds are a must see.

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
Isn't anyone going to tell me what holiday is on the 9th?? Is this some secret commie-fornia holiday or something??? :shakin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarCaveUSA