Its Alive

dsy

Adventurer
My JK Hemi Swap

Spent the last 2 1/2 weeks doing a heart transplant on my 07 unlimited rubicon.
Fishished it up last night. Should pull my offroad trailer pretty nice now:wings: The whole build up is posted on a few of the JK forums but here is the best part.

I will work on getting some video up this weekend but here is the semi finished product. Still have to clean up my old wiring harness for my lights. Its all kind of stuffed in around the battery now so I could drive it. I could not be more happy with the way it turned out. Got it put back together, turned the key and went for a ride. I can not believe people are putting 6.1's and above in these things. This 5.7 pulls and sounds like a beast.

frontok1.jpg

frontupwi6.jpg

passsideks8.jpg

driverssidefh8.jpg

Last edited:

ExpoMike

Nice!!! Looks very factory.

My guess is, you don't live in CA. With the smog nazi's, this would be a PITA conversion. Too bad Jeep doesn't seem to be putting in anything else then the minivan engine. :(

IH8RDS

Explorer
That’s sweet Doug. :bowdown: Unfortunately I will have to wait to get home to see the pictures.

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
all this hoopla over a K&N filter install?

whoohoo! {shakes head, and walks away}

hehe, lets see how many get owned by the white text!...nice conversion. xjmike is a pimp.

ExpoMike

BIGdaddy said:
all this hoopla over a K&N filter install?

whoohoo! {shakes head, and walks away}

hehe, lets see how many get owned by the white text!...nice conversion. xjmike is a pimp.

Hey, I caught that. :sombrero: Get back to work you bum. :ar15: :bike_rider:

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
Sweet! Another reason to drool over your Jeep Doug. Maybe we need to have a drag race at next years Mon event.

SeaRubi

Explorer
that is pure awesome. can you share the basics of what was needed to do the transplant? engine mounts, ancillaries, wiring loom?, etc. if you've already documented somewhere else maybe a link would be more prudent.

well done!

BigAl

Expedition Leader
Is that the comp behind the washer jug? If no where? Is it a factory wiring harness? What tranny? Dude, you suck at details:sombrero: It looks great:bike_rider:

dsy

Adventurer
Sorry guys here is a link to one of the forums.. http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3373

BigAl said:
Is that the comp behind the washer jug? If no where? Is it a factory wiring harness? What tranny? Dude, you suck at details:sombrero: It looks great:bike_rider:

yes that is the computer next to the washer fluid. All of the custom stuff needed (mounts, computer, wiring, exhaust) came from AEV. Its a very well thought out kit.

Haggis said:
Sweet! Another reason to drool over your Jeep Doug. Maybe we need to have a drag race at next years Mon event.
LOL, not sure about the drag race but hopefully will make it down there again next year
Doug

Last edited:

dsy

Adventurer
BigAl said:
:bowdown: I love to see DIY'rs wreching on a new vehicle. 99 out of 100 builds like yours (new vehicle) would be done by a shop. Congrats, it looks awesome!

Thanks, I always try and do all my own work on just about everything I can.
This was a big job, with big satisfaction. :safari-rig:
Doug

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94