Creek's Xterra Build Thread

Creek

Adventurer
Well folks, tonight, I became the proud owner of a M226 rear end (with e-locker) and the matching front end (full front diff). Soon to be the 2nd locked 'S' model...in the world!

Creek

Adventurer
By full front, I mean exactly that - the diff and the gears. It is an option to just regear by 'S' diff, but why not just swap the whole thing? I found one with 16K miles on it for $350 from a guy in Cali..and, it just so happens I'll be there at the end of Oct. for the West Coast Nissan Meet.

Creek

Adventurer
There's been a change in plans...for the better. I'm going with a Titan front diff w/3.36 gears and V8 Pathfinder axle shafts to retain my track width and hubs. She's gonna be a beast! All parts should be here next week...let the fun begin!

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
Creek said:
There's been a change in plans...for the better. I'm going with a Titan front diff w/3.36 gears and V8 Pathfinder axle shafts to retain my track width and hubs. She's gonna be a beast! All parts should be here next week...let the fun begin!

"I'm not a smart man", but does this eliminate the problems with the front end that the X's have been experiencing.

Creek

Adventurer
ChuckB said:
"I'm not a smart man", but does this eliminate the problems with the front end that the X's have been experiencing.

yes sir indeed it does...woot!

good luck finding pathy shafts though. I bought 2 of the 3 remaining in the US

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
CoastalDefender said:
Not enough Pathy accidents that preserve the front-end; I am in total assumption.

Or someone that has an X or Fronty is buying them all up and hording them...:smileeek:

Creek

Adventurer
well, there's one other guy on thenewx that's doing the same swap, so that's another 2 gone (before me). Besides, that, i have no explanation...except, I'm lucky as all get out to have gotten the last pair

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94