1994 Defender 90-Expedition Ready!

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Well, I bought the NAS 110 and the family loves it. I now have to face the reality that I cannot serve two masters!
As you can imagine, ... I am agonizing over this, however the 110 has a lot of work (similar to what I have done to the D-90 below) to be done on it.

So, I got to finance the 110 build. The 90 must go.

Here are the stats on the D-90:

This is a turn key Expedition Ready 1994 Land Rover Defender 90 (D-90)

Color: Most Desirable Conniston Green.
VIN: SALDV2280RA939621
MIleage Truck: 105,000
Mileage Engine: 10,000
3.9 V8 Engine rebuilt at 95,000 miles

Completed Since 2007-

NEW Badger Convertible Top and Gutter Kit
NEW Badger Seat Covers front and rear bench
NEW Acoustic OEM LR Rubber Floor Cover
NEW OEM LR Rear Cargo Mat
NEW OEM Rubber Mud Mats
NEW OEM Firewall Cover
NEW OEM Seat Box Cover
NEW Front Seats/Foam/Covers
NEW Heated Seat Pads
NEW TUFFY Center Locking Console
NEW AIr Conditioner Compressor (BLOWS COLD!)

NEW Custom Built 10 inch High Expedition Rack with rear ladders and solid diamond plate flooring

NEW ARB Custom Bumper
NEW WARN 9000 Winch (has NEVER been used)
NEW HiLift Jack

NEW OEM Turn Signal Indicator Lenses

NEW Marine Grade Stainless Custom Limb Risers

NEW HELLA Rallye 1000 Driving Lamps with Land Rover Logo Grilles
New Hella Matador Rear Overhead Flood/Spot lights

5 NEW BF Goodrich All Terrain TIres

NEW 2007 European Spec larger Land Rover side view mirrors (original mirrors included with truck)

NEW OEM LR Rear Lamp Guards

NEW Stainless Door Top Tighteners Locks
NEW OEM Land Rover Matching Lock Sets (3 doors)

NEW OEM Wing Top Protectors

NEW Mantec Snorkel

NEW Mantec Rock Sliders

New Fuel Tank/Fuel Tank Protector

New Old Man Emu Heavy Duty Shocks
New Springs
New Brake Calipers
New CV Joints
New Brakes Pads
New H.E.I. High Voltage Output After-market Marine Distributor/Wires/Spark Plugs, etc.

ALL ECU Components Relocated to watertight Tuffy Console

New Borla High Performance Stainless Steel Exhaust system

Totally Customized Matching Military Utility Off Road Expedition Trailer
Rhino Lined Black Interior/Conniston Green Exterior
2 New BF GoodRich All Terrain Tires
2 Matching Rims to truck
2 custom milled Aluminum Billet Wheel Adapters
Lock-n-Roll Expedition Hitch
Fitted with Defender 90 rear turn signals and lamp guards
Land Rover Rear Auxiliary Spot Light
Have additional new spare on matching rim for rear of trailer with D-90 Spare tire mount- just never installed

LOJAC Security Retrieval System

Over $35,000.00 invested in the last 2 years in improvements and upgrades!!!

Included:
OEM Original Sales Brochures (2 different)
OEM Land Rover Defender 90 Special Edition (VERY RARE) pewter keychain (Defender 90 Voted Best 4X4 in 1994)

There are some small dents and scratches, however it has been extremely well cared for.
Owned by a Land Rover Fanatic, it is the quintessential Land Rover Expedition Prepared Truck.

It needs to be remembered that it is a Land Rover. Water does ingress during heavy rains. It is loud while cruising the interstate. It very rarely has any engine leaks (I know, rare for a land rover), and it does have a few battle scars (beauty marks, we call them)

This truck has tons of upgrades and renovations completed on it over the last 3 years.

I will sell it as is completely expedition ready as it sits below for $48,500.00 or reasonable offer. I will sell it for less if a buyer doesn't want the rack/ARB/winch/lights, etc. Additional pictures upon request.
You will not find one nicer!

You can contact me at: nashvillerover@comcast.net or 615-498-6564

SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY!!

Last edited:

ginericLC

Adventurer
Not being a Rover guy, I have a question. Why was the motor rebuilt at 95k? That seems sort of premature.

zimm

Expedition Leader
ginericLC said:
Not being a Rover guy, I have a question. Why was the motor rebuilt at 95k? That seems sort of premature.

thats because youre a toyota guy.

computeruser

Explorer
OK, I'm going to buy a couple lottery tickets on the way home from work today. Picking up a new ride would be a great reason to come to Nashville to visit the in-laws...

LRNAD90

Adventurer
How Much for the Trailer?

Willing to seperate? Is it based on a M416? Any more details or photos? I may be interested, if I can get managments approval...

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Best4x4xfar said:
Willing to seperate? Is it based on a M416? Any more details or photos? I may be interested, if I can get managments approval...

I am open to that notion. The trailer has had way yonder too much money invested in it.
It is based on the M416, except it is the Canadian version (I think they tag it an M101).
Only hurdle, the Conniston Green finish is Rhino Lining that is a dead on match to my truck. I think it would be fairly hard to get it to another color. If you have a Conniston Green Defender, you would be a perfect candidate.

The trailer has rear defender lights with light guards. Wired for a 7 pin Hella (land rover) plug, custom wheel adapters to fit the Defender wheels), has a land rover task spot light wired to running lights with independent switch.

Body and Frame were completely stripped, primed, and rhino lined Black Interior and black frame, Conniston Green Exterior. The Hitch is a 8,000 lbs. rated Lock-N-Roll hitch.

Intentions were to have a custom canvas (Badger type material- basically Mercedes top material) made to go over the fiberglass hoops that are installed. The current cover is a Harbor Freight job, but ironically is almost a perfect match for the Conniston Green.

I also have a completely blasted and painted heavy duty 110 rear door spare tire mount that should go on the back of the trailer (in the middle-slightly offset) and a new Defender wheel with a matching BFG A/T tire.

I would love to keep this rig together because it is totally an awesome rig and completely gone through with nothing needed, however, that said, ... I am open.

To address the question above about the rebuild at 95K miles: Land Rovers start having issues at the 100K mark. It is better when building a truck like this to simply go ahead and do the deed while all the other work is being completed.

Thanks,
Dendy

Last edited:

overlander

Expedition Leader
Very nice Dendy. Good luck. I know what you are trading for, so it won't be that painful of a loss:wings:

02TahoeMD

Explorer
computeruser said:
OK, I'm going to buy a couple lottery tickets on the way home from work today. Picking up a new ride would be a great reason to come to Nashville to visit the in-laws...

As I was reading the thread and looking at the pics, I had this exact same thought.....except I would go to Nashville just to buy the thing. No fam to visit.

Good luck on your sale ( provided I dont win the lottery that is )

SixLug

Explorer
you know what sucks? This is right in my back yard and Im a poor out of college graduate. Awesome ride man...GL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles