My Conqueror and Rig!

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
EDITED AND ADDED ON 10.28.2014: This is an ongoing thread as I have worked my way through several trailers and many trucks to try to land on the rig that best works for my family and trips. If you are looking for the latest rig, go to the last pages. If you want to walk through a pretty diverse group of trucks, mods, trailers mods, as well as trail and error, this is a great thread for you.
Thanks
Dendy

My Conqueror Conquest arrived a few weeks ago and then followed by my new NAS D110. Thought you guys might enjoy a shot of the rig.

I am working on some mild customizations inside the trailer. I have already lined the entire inside of the trailer with a water proof/resistant, foam-backed "carpet/fabric" that is used in the bed lining industry and made here locally.
I have also added a 60 Combi Engel as well as a new coleman stove model that has two burners and a solid surface non-stick griddle.
Next is adding a few quick connect gas lines and the whisper quiet generator.

A few things to the truck to do- limb risers, overhead lights, etc.

Should be a great family get-away rig.

Thoughts?

Dendy

The raw truck and trailer days after arrival:
IMG_5609.jpg

The truck after modifications to truck and trailer. Here in the Smokey Mountains:
IMG_7176.jpg

And another view:
IMG_7172.jpg

And here in North Florida at Grayton Beach State Park: (Dig the matching mud flaps and tire covers!)
IMG_6782.jpg

Last edited:

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Like i said on the 110 thread.... that's one hell of a setup man. You didn't just dabble.. you dove right in! Congrats!!

spressomon

Expedition Leader
nashvillerover said:
My Conqueror Conquest arrived a few weeks ago and then followed by my new NAS D110. Thought you guys might enjoy a shot of the rig.

I am working on some mild customizations inside the trailer. I have already lined the entire inside of the trailer with a water proof/resistant, foam-backed "carpet/fabric" that is used in the bed lining industry and made here locally.
I have also added a 60 Combi Engel as well as a new coleman stove model that has two burners and a solid surface non-stick griddle.
Next is adding a few quick connect gas lines and the whisper quiet generator.

A few things to the truck to do- limb risers, overhead lights, etc.

Should be a great family get-away rig.

Thoughts?

Dendy

Which "whisper quiet" generator do you have in mind?

Nice rig and trailer by the way!

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
spressomon said:
Which "whisper quiet" generator do you have in mind?

Nice rig and trailer by the way!

I am leaning towards the Honda, however ... some have said that the Yamaha can be order for dual fuel (gas and propane). That would be sweet.

Both of these either the 2000 watt or 3000 watt run around 50-60db when fired up.

The Conqueror has a battery management system and charges from the vehicle as you drive down the road, so this would simply be for recharging or for very remote purposes.

Dendy

Honu

lost on the mainland
Aloha Dendy :)

sweet rig glad to see pics of the 110 :)

going to have to ring ya up soon got some other ideas going for the inside of mine and 2 other here in PHX are getting the compacts :) so going to have to start a conqueror club

I want a 110 :)

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Honu said:
Aloha Dendy :)

sweet rig glad to see pics of the 110 :)

going to have to ring ya up soon got some other ideas going for the inside of mine and 2 other here in PHX are getting the compacts :) so going to have to start a conqueror club

I want a 110 :)

That is crazy about two more going to your area. You guys should start a club!
You can caravan to the desert! Ring me sometime.
Thanks,
Dendy

flywgn

Explorer
Very nice, Dendy.

In the for-what-it's-worth category, I added a 50-watt solar panel and charge controller to the battery bank on our Conqueror and that was more than adequate to keep the batteries charged. All of our lights were flourescent 12-volt and LEDs. This obviated the need for a genset.

What's your first destination?

Allen R

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles