Helping Disabled Explorers: The AT Trailer Return Thread

wagner_joe

Adventurer
You can track Joe's progress via SPOT

WHERE IN THE WORLD IS JOE WAGNER?

Ok.. A little late to upload some of my pics from Today. Some of you know me. Others might get the chance soon enough..

I'm Joe Wagner.. Never really formally introduced myself in Fireside or Tacoma pages, but I do love this community.

I offered to go pick up the longer than necessary rented trailer for Adventure Trailers(especially for you Scotty, Burl40 I think if my late night serves me right).

So far this is a rough estimate of the plan. Get to Florida to 1speeds residence as fast as possible (I-10 Phoenix to Florida) so I may utilize the remainder of my time to share the trailers return.

I just offered to get the trailer. No, to the contrary and my wifes, Mandy, constant reminder I'm not independently wealthy. Though I am rich with friends.

I'm taking my 05 Tacoma. It's already prepped to take an AT trailer as I own a Horizon myself an 06. Not quite sure of the number, I'll get that tomorrow.. I enjoy adventure travel.

Hence my desire to help one of the most admirable companies I've ever had the pleasure of doing business with and is a roll model for my own endeavor.

Yes, I'm self-employed. I'm the Chief Cleaning Officer for Black and White Janitorial. Not really a company that's able to become a Portal Sponsor, but nonetheless I'm going to help where I can. So, as the thread stated in the Fireside Chat. I'm NOT receiving any funds from the donations. It's all going to 1LegLance at Disabled Explorers and I'm happy to see the portal step-up to another worthy cause. I've met 1LegLance on several occasions and have been blown away by his desire to assist those that might not see that although their life has now changed, it is still accessible.

So. Donate away...

I was able to graciously get an hour or so of Scott Brady's time today up in Prescott. He loaned me his SPOT device to provide a real time tracking log of my adventure. It should be on around 9:00a I'm doing a send-off from a location here in Phoenix!

The Portal has until Thursday to decide THE trailers destination. I'm just the driver. So who wants to see THE trailer ??

To those of you that already donated, THANKS!

More tomorrow...

Last edited by a moderator:

wagner_joe

Adventurer
The Departure

Morning All...

Had to tidy up a few loose ends. Yesterday was a work completion day. It started by meeting Scott in Prescott to pickup his SPOT and to pick up a new hat that I lost. Gotta support the portal.

Ran back down into the valley to grab the truck for an oil change. I took it to Avondale Toyota. Prognosis... Front brakes and Rear Brake adjustment.. plus the oil change and the left light bulb on the license plate was out.

Told Mike to do the oil change, light and front brakes. While picking up the truck he informed me that the rear adjustment was just thrown in without a charge. YEAH!!

I had to pick up Hay for our horse so when I got in last night I failed to unload. This mornings first priorities. Then pack the food in the engle and in the truck.

Sent my wonderful wife off to work.. Spoke to the REALLY jealous horizon about needing to help some friends. She wasn't impressed. Not only that she kept nagging about the sleeker lines, the upgraded suspension, and a Serengeti no less.. Geez can a guy not catch a break...

Some Photos... Next off to the bus stop then to meet 1leglance! Pics...

Last edited:

Scott Brady

Founder
Joe,

It was great seeing you yesterday. I cannot tell you how awesome it is that you are supporting Mario and Martyn this way.

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
wagner_joe said:
Morning All...

...Spoke to the REALLY jealous horizon about needing to help some friends. She wasn't impressed. Not only that she kept nagging about the sleeker lines, the upgraded suspension, and a Serengeti no less.. Geez can a guy not catch a break...

Okay, that's too funny. I'm sure the horizon is glad you're helping her younger brother, but she'll be glad when you're back.

Joe, I know North Dallas is quite a bit off of I10, but if you find yourself up here or close (relatively speaking for TX) on your way back, give me a shout. You've got a place to stay, a cold beer, and a hot meal waiting for you. (PM sent with details)

If not, I'm sure our brethren in the Houston and/or San Antonio areas are willing too.

burl40

Supporting Sponsor
Right on Joe I totally appreciate the help gettin the green machine back out West where it belongs..Wish I could go with.....:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
YOU ROCK JOE! Beer on me when you hit P-town. Or a caffinated beverage if you will be driving after you stop! :26_7_2: :clapsmile

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
Travel safe buddy, keep the rubber side down. We're looking forward to seeing you in a few days. Dinner at Heroes in Claremont.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Ok I just left my super secret meeting with Joe.....
He has passed through Phoenix and now has the "hand crafted in Peru to my drawing" Diplomatic Pouch...sorry but I can't show you pics of it due to the fact that it will be soon filled with completed pledge forms...wouldn't want to alert the bad guys to the prize :)
However I can show you spy photos that were intercepted of the meeting....
joemeet.jpg

Not only that but with the powerful digital technology around today the spy's were able to get a pic of the donation box (hand crafted by my 7 yr old as a suprise for me using only the best spanish cedar from that island south of miami) that Joe hopes to fill on his return jouney...or at least use to store is snacks in on the drive :) And if you look closely you can see the money spilling over...well not really there is 1 bill in there but I always say the "journey of a thousand donations starts with a single George Washington"
donationbox.jpg

Please follow this thread closely for details as they develop....the saga of the missing trailer and its epic journey home....soon to be a made for tv movie :)

Thanks everyone for your support!

wagner_joe

Adventurer
Slight speed bump...

OK All... Got a slight delay. Currently in Benson Exit 304... Looks like I lost a clutch slave or something else along those lines...

Currently awaiting a tow to Tucson Precision Toyota to have a review.. Maybe I can get some donations in the waiting room..

Currently well stocked on all the finest beverages. only 90 degrees. so it's cummfy at this moment....

more later...

Actually somebody's trying to tell me something... Sat was truck review
1) nail in front drivers tire removed at discount
2) my beautiful bride brings me a few hunks of metal does this belong to you she sheepishly asks? I at first comment no. While checking the fluids.. I notice the battery is missing the battery bracket... In I go into the house.. Hey that chunk of metal where'd it go??? Yep you guessed it... So..

I'll have another update in a bit.. SPOT is awesome... But I already called for help..

Cheers... I'll get there just might need to arrange a few days... Glad I'm self employed. :friday:

wagner_joe

Adventurer
Too funny... I was thinking the exact same thing on the way into Tucson... Of course I'd be walking by the time I got to 1speeds house.

Today 07:21 PM
elcoyote ...a trail of parts will help you find the way home...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles