Fleetwood Neon

Hanke

Larger tires and wheels on neon

I have a neon that I also pull with a jeep. I love the way the neon looks in the picture on this thread with the black jeep. It has black wheels and larger tires. Could someone tell me what kind of wheels and tires they used? Has it been lifted or just larger wheels and tires? I would like to do this to mine. :smiley_drive:

Cruiser

Adventurer
I just picked up a neon this week,, after all the different homebuilt camping rigs I have had the wife said she wants a "real" camper,, or storebought.. one that she can walk in and go to sleep.. not climb thru a "hatch" or zip open a door after climbing a ladder. Great pics you guys have posted.. I'll get some up soon.. We had our first night in it last night in our back yard.. a bear walked thru an hr before we set up but didnt come back at night.. or if it did we slept thru it..

pokealong

Hi Dave,

I have a Neon as well and I love how small and easy it is to use. I saw that you were doing some modifications. Can you post (or refer me to) pictures of what you have done? How did you hook up the inverter? Do you know of other people who have made modifications?

Thanks!

Pokealong

RETROFIT

Observer
Measurements ?

After reading this thread, I am about to sell my Howling Moon RTT to go for a Neon for next year's trip from Quebec City to Rio de Janeiro with the family (2 kids 3&5) and now I about to pull the trigger on one. The only thing right now is that I need the measurements of the box itself when closed to see if it will fit between a salisbury Defender axel. I would just love the idea of having extra half shafts and diff parts behind me along with the same tires and wheels.

Thanks !

Pat

M

MuddyOval

I think I'll be looking for a Neon as well. My last purchase wasn't well thought out and what I ended up with was a trailer that was so wide and heavy, there's little hope of getting it down narrow trails or over rocks etc. Granted, the tow vehicle didn't have a ton of power, but the trailer was just too big.
I might have considered trading the truck AND camper for the other RV in the pic... but alas, I remain married instead.
ggwild24002.jpg

Cruiser

Adventurer
After reading this thread, I am about to sell my Howling Moon RTT to go for a Neon for next year's trip from Quebec City to Rio de Janeiro with the family (2 kids 3&5) and now I about to pull the trigger on one. The only thing right now is that I need the measurements of the box itself when closed to see if it will fit between a salisbury Defender axel. I would just love the idea of having extra half shafts and diff parts behind me along with the same tires and wheels.

Thanks !

Pat

What measurements do you need?? Mine is in the garage and can take some quicky measurements for you,, I can say the axle is about the same width or a little skinnier than my JK..

RETROFIT

Observer
Hi Cruiser,

i just need the width of the box itself (within both wheels) so I can make sure the axel I will put on it will be large enough. I really want the same axel on the neon that the one my truck has in the rear.

Thanks.

Pat

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
I think I'll be looking for a Neon as well. My last purchase wasn't well thought out and what I ended up with was a trailer that was so wide and heavy, there's little hope of getting it down narrow trails or over rocks etc. Granted, the tow vehicle didn't have a ton of power, but the trailer was just too big.
I might have considered trading the truck AND camper for the other RV in the pic... but alas, I remain married instead.

Interesting you say that. I have the same truck, and almost bought a trailer just like that. But decided to build something a little smaller instead. Still think about those daily, however. What's that thing weigh? My beast will end up being about 2000, but it's the same width of the truck so that will help. I also don't have any ideas about taking it down anything too nasty. It tows well too, fits nicely into the slipstream of the truck.

M

MuddyOval

Muddy Oval;

Are you selling your Evo? If so, email me @ drjacobs2 at yahoo dot com.

I sold it to a guy who doesn't use it, I'll see if he wants to unload it. It hasn't moved in over a year.

The trailer weighed in at probably 3500 or so. It was wider than the tow vehicle by a fair amount. It towed fairly well, but get on a narrow street where there are parked cars etc and it gets a little tight. Great trailer as far as quality etc- the water heater was awesome, nice hot showers. The furnace kept it warm when it was below freezing outside. Neat trailer, just big.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz