SOLD.... Mitsubishi Delica L400 4x4 Expedition Van for sale $12,500

delica1994

-This custom designed 1994, 4x4, 2.8 turbo diesel Unibody expedition van is ready to go anywhere you want to go. this vehicle has been mechanically maintained to a high degree. I could not afford to have a break down in areas that i have been exploring. The body has minor dents from bush travel and would be easy to fix.

- Complete replacement of drive train. with used low mileage motor, transmission, differential, transfer case, front suspension, currently @ 80,000 km, also replaced rear suspension, CV joints, ball joints, basically everything in the drive train has been replaced recently. 280,000 km on body.

-It has many custom components that were created specifically for extended expeditions in extreme off road country. It is ready to go to Argentina if you wanted to. This vehicle is made to fit in a shipping container if need be.

- 2.8 liter Turbo Diesel
- Automatic Transmission
- Cruise control
- Air Conditioner
- scratch resistant body paint
- Locking transfer case, 4x4 high, Low and Bull low
- 10,000 Lb winch, can move from the front to the rear if needed to pull backwards or forwards mounted in the 2 inch front receiver
- 3, new 12 volt batteries, one is a deep cycle battery for the refrigerator and 1500 watt inverter
- 2 inverters, 500 watt and 1500 watt
- 2 inch lift
- Old Man EMU rear coil springs, adjustable torsion bar front suspension
- 9 inch LSD rear differential
- Custom steel bumpers with spare tire carrier and steel mesh in the front for maximum cooling and rad protection
- Class 4 towing 2 inch receiver in front and rear.
- K & N Air Filter
- manual locking hubs
- Complete under carriage protection with plate steel including front brake lines and swing arm.
- Custom solar heated roof rack that holds 65 liters of water for dishes, showers, etc.
- Custom roof deck that will support 800lbs plus, i have had 800 lbs up there with 9 full 20 ltr Jerry cans plus a lot of other stuff for expeditions of a few months or more in length.
- 2 water tight roof storage bins
- Custom interior that sleeps 2 with huge 4 foot long drawers. The rear drawer is 15 inches deep, 4x4 in dimension, will hold up to 400lbs. the side drawers hold up to 200lbs each. lots of extra storage as well in 6 foot long side bins for skis, shovels what have you.
- 2 PIAA, 2 KC supper bright halogen lights and 2 fog lights.
- Large steel "puck" locks on all doors if needed.
- New BFG All Terrain Tires
- 3 inch dia. Snorkel with precleaner, drive till it floats!
- 2 inch dia. Steel rocker guards
- Adjustable Pan Hard Rod
- wired for solar panel, I am keeping the original solar panel for my new project.
- In dash DVD,CD movie player, Radio, Ipod player.
- Heavy duty Monroe shocks front and Rancho 5000 in the rear
- Extra set of 5 Yokohama tires mounted on Alloy rims for city use
- Engel Fridge is not included.

The reason i am selling is that i bought a 2 ton 4x4 Mitsubishi Fuso for more space and a traveling studio space.

This van is located in Victoria B.C. Canada for viewing.

for those that are interested in this vehicle. I have a youtube link of the last trip on the North Canol road, Yukon, NWT, extending over a period of 6 weeks from the fall of 2013 here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQGFwmcf-BU

Attachments

• 1_resize.jpg
    1_resize.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 6,858
  • 2_resize.jpg
    2_resize.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 4,104
  • 3_resize.jpg
    3_resize.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 3,535
  • 7_resize.jpg
    7_resize.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 8,412
  • 9_resize.jpg
    9_resize.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 8,036
  • 20141014_162138_resize.jpg
    20141014_162138_resize.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 4,171
  • 20141014_161822_resize.jpg
    20141014_161822_resize.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 3,333
  • 12_resize.jpg
    12_resize.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 4,405
  • 20141014_171150_resize.jpg
    20141014_171150_resize.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 3,260
  • 20141014_162800_resize.jpg
    20141014_162800_resize.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 3,129
Last edited:

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
haha I love the fact you have a 9 inch rear...thats bigger than my rear! Very interesting and unique rig. Love how custom it is. Good Luck.

delica1994

haha I love the fact you have a 9 inch rear...thats bigger than my rear! Very interesting and unique rig. Love how custom it is. Good Luck.

Yes, it had a 8 inch rear diff originally, After doing a number of longer trips i decided to upgrade to a LSD 9 inch to support the weight i was carrying and increase the traction in off road situations.

delica1994

That's a fun looking rig - GLWS!

hey thanks! its been a great rig for the last 6 years, but i have upgraded to a Mitsubishi Fuso to allow some standing head room for those inclement days . Also to facilitate a portable studio from which to paint painting from, even when it is raining or snowing.

delica1994

for those that are interested in this vehicle. I have a youtube link of the last trip on the North Canol road, Yukon, NWT, extending over a period of 6 weeks from the fall of 2013 here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQGFwmcf-BU

this road was created for the WW2 effort to transport crude oil from Norman Wells, Northwest Territories, through the Mackenzie Mountains, to the Yukon border and then to White Horse, Yukon. Because of its remoteness, length and river crossings, it is considered one of the most challenging trails in Canada.

Last edited:

96Delica

Adventurer
Probably the most well equipped Delica I've seen, very well thought out and nicely done. Let us know if you sell it! Out of curiosity, why the new motor?

delica1994

So many cool ideas here, might have to use some of them in my builds.

Hey, if those ideas help i am glad to be of assistance...lol. I have to say that the 20 gal. water storage/ roof rack works fantastically well. Very light when empty and It can be pressurized by using a bike pump or just use gravity feed for showers and washing dishes, what have you. Gets nice and warm during a sunny day too. I think i will be using the same idea for my new Fuso rig.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
I saw it earlier in UsedVic. I was first laughing... after watching your video and seeing that you know what you are doing I have to say that I'm impressed :) Good luck with the sale!

Cheers

delica1994

I saw it earlier in UsedVic. I was first laughing... after watching your video and seeing that you know what you are doing I have to say that I'm impressed :) Good luck with the sale!

Cheers

Hey thanks. Yes i have been quietly exploring NA and much of the world over many years and have come to some practical answers for common off road scenarios. One thing i have experienced is that if you have a lot of fancy stuff that you didnt build or can fix and it breaks down in no-mans-land you are hooped. So i try to create as much of my own equipment as possible, allowing it to be repairable with parts available even in tiny towns and or carry your own parts and tools.

Last edited:

delica1994

Probably the most well equipped Delica I've seen, very well thought out and nicely done. Let us know if you sell it! Out of curiosity, why the new motor?

I have lots of interest, so i am hoping it sells fairly quickly so i can move to my next project..lol. The reason I replaced the motor is that @ 265000 kms it blew a head gasket. the cost being $2500 to fix it. most of that cost was labour. so i reasoned that if i paid a bit more i could get a much lower mileage drive train for not much more because labour wise it was easier to drop the whole thing in one piece and replace it with a 70,000 km drive train from another van. Total cost... $6000. The body was in good shape still so i thought it was cost effective to have a van that had such a low mileage drive train.
But now I have a 4x4 FG140 Fuso and a new project!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke