Armored Land Rover

FlyNdrive

Adventurer
Guy's,

I was heading out from DC to O.C when I drove past a flatbed with some variation of an armored Land Rover Defender.

It had MDT Armor written on the side.

(Sorry about the pics. I only had a cell phone and a camcorder)
img169.jpg
img168.jpg

IMG_3162.jpg
IMG_3159.jpg

IMG_3157.jpg
IMG_3158.jpg

IMG_3161.jpg
I love the wheels.

It appeares to be either a Defender 109 (If they still make them) or a 2-door 110.

I found out it's an MDT Armor David ULAV (Ultra Lite Armored Vehicle). http://www.mdt-armor.com/catalogue/david.shtml

[size=25pt]The "David" An Armored Combat Vehicle[/size]

davidback.jpg
drawing1.gif

Armor Level
360º perimeter, defeats military assault rifles at point blank velocities – 7.62X39 AK 47 M1943 (Opaque defeats AP), 5.56 M-16 (M193 and AP SS109) and 7.62X51 M80 NATO ball. Limited perimeter protection against IEDs (Improvised Explosive Devices).
Roof protection designed to defeat above threats at shooting range of 10 meters, at 68 degrees NATO.
Floor protection against 2 X DM51 grenades.

No. of Passengers
Driver + 3-5 passengers

Gross Vehicle Weight
3,600 kg

Tires
5 Goodyear MT/R 265/75 R16 with run-flat inserts (W/ Kick ***** looking wheels I might add)

Engine
Diesel, Td5 (Land Rover I think) 2.5 liter, turbo charged, Max.power @4200 rpm - 90kW (122 bhp), Max.torque @1950 rpm -300Nm (221 lb/ft)

Drive, Transmission
4X4, 5 speed, manual

They also have a Land Cruiser
http://www.mdt-armor.com/catalogue/landcruiser.shtml
landcru.jpg

-Ben

revor

Explorer
One their way someplace nasty no doubt!!!

Why these guys don't buy my products I'll never know

FlyNdrive

Adventurer
A site on the Internet stated that Israel just bought $22Mil. worth from Aerotech. They are modified in Georgia.

-Ben

lowenbrau

Explorer
MuddyMudskipper said:
Those are some pretty sweet trucks. Thanks for posting them up.

x2 on those wheels. I wonder who makes them?

They look a lot like Hutchinson wheels AKA rockmonster? They are DOT approved double beadlocks.

They come on Canadian and USMC mil spec G wagens as well. Retail cost is between $500 and $650 each

http://www.rockmonsterwheels.com/

FourByLand

Expedition Leader
revor said:
One their way someplace nasty no doubt!!!

Why these guys don't buy my products I'll never know
Because they are looking for bullet proof.J/K, but seriously, i'll be here all day!{R. Dangerfield Voice}

FlyNdrive

Adventurer
I sent an e-mail, but I'm going to guess, "NO."

We don't get any of the fun stuff, not even the LR itself.

-Ben

jamo

My first thought is it looked like what the Brits used in Northern Ireland back in the day. All the commonwealth countries use rover variants for their 'light' personnel vehicles, even the neighbors to the north. Just like our hummers in our Army, those wheels with run flats are real nice to have if you want to drive 50 miles after being shot/blownup. But if you ever have to break one down, you'll never want one on your rig (voice of experience). Hope those things have A/C with all that armor and small windows, Isreal ain't cool you know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles