Copper Canyon Expedition: Crossing the Barrancas

Scott Brady

Founder
We leave in the morning...

L1010325.jpg

We will be able to post nearly daily updates from the route with our new BGAN unit, from www.g1sat.com and our daily track logs from our SPoT messenger.

More soon!

articulate

Expedition Leader
What a tease, that Brady. Keep 'em wanting more . . .
:costumed-smiley-007

In my next life, I'm getting a Sportsmobile.

Rob O

Adventurer
Sweet ... perfect tool for the job. I'd so love a Sportsmobile.

Safe travels; look forward to updates and photos.

flywgn

Explorer
Dang, Scott, and we just rolled back into town (P'cott) this evening after a fabulous trip in Baja.

One of these days, we promise to stay put for a bit.

Buen viaje, amigo.

Allen R

P.S. (on edit) be sure to check the pwr-steering unit carefully. Our compa on the recent trip had a failure in his '07 Sportsmobile (the second for him in that unit). Fortunately, we were in San Ignacio and not in the outback.

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
:punk03: Go get 'em Scottymon.

Time to go to Mexico! We'll be thinking about you guys from the other side of those mountains.

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
We haven't quite finalized our route....but if you are approached by a couple of dusty motorbike riders....it may just be me!

Have a great trip!

-H-

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Sounds like a great trip. Now, is this a vehicle that is being tested for OJ? Looking forward to some pictures.

Scott Brady

Founder
February 29- Bisbee, AZ
Camp in the immediate area.

March 1- Bisbee, AZ to Nuevo Casas Grandes (campground)
Campground: Los Matates, Owner Tito Parada 30°26'20.59"N, 107°54'53.45"W

March 2- Nuevo Casas Grandes to Basaseachi Falls
Turn to falls: 28°12'36.43"N, 108°12'31.27"W

March 3- Day at the falls, hiking and relaxing

March 4- Drive to Creel, spend the day in the town and camp at a cool KOA
KOA: 27°44'30.68"N, 107°38'13.20"W

March 5- Up early for the drive down to Batopilas.
We will spend a little time in Batopilas and then drive over to Satevo Mission and make camp. Possible side-trail adventure

Satevo Camp: 26°59'26.45"N, 107°42'49.31"W

March 6- Have a nice morning and drive back into Batopilas for breakfast and to walk around the square. Drive back to Creel and camp

March 7- Drive from Creel to Divisadero, Camp

March 8- Drive from Divisadero to Cerocahui, camp.
This is one of the most magical little town in Mexico that I have ever visited. Just beautiful with a little river flowing through it and an ancient church.

Cerocahui: 27°17'54.84"N, 108° 3'17.38"W

March 9- Spend the day enjoying Cerocahui, camp in the same spot. Possible side-trip to Urique.

March 10- Leave Cerocahui for the overland route to Alamos. This first leg will be from Cerocahui to the village of Temoris (remote camp) 36.2 miles on dirt trails

March 11- Travel overland from Temoris to Chinipas. Camp in the village. 32.3 miles on remote dirt tracks.

March 12- Leave Chinipas and cross the (could be deep) Rio Chinipas. We will go about half-way and make a remote camp.

March 13- Travel the remaining mileage to Alamos (66 miles total overland) and make camp in Alamos at the campground.

March 14- Spend the day in Alamos

March 15- (very) early departure for the border and cross at Nogales. We plan on camping near Tucson that night, and can do so as a group if desired.

March 16- Leave Tucson area

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke