PLX Gauge...Wow

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
As a lot of you know, my 80 series has been at LC Engineering since the 07 Expo Trophy. While it has been there a little longer than planned they did contact me last week about a killer new gauge. Check the link then scroll down to the PLX Gauge. The youtube video shows just how easy it is to get this thing going. I actually laughed aloud at the video. Say goodbye to a lot of the cluster associated with essential gauges.

http://www.lcengineering.com/newsletter/index.php?p=view&id=107

Looks good but what does it do that scanguage II doesn't do? Scanguage II is less then half the price and there are less wires making the install even easier.

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
Northern Explorer said:
Looks good but what does it do that scanguage II doesn't do? Scanguage II is less then half the price and there are less wires making the install even easier.

I don't know anything about the scangauge? Sounds pretty cool too.

shartzer

Observer
I ordered one weeks ago. They just started shipping and I expect mine to arrive any day now. I need one because the tach on my GM/Rover conversion doesn't work with the GM engine.

To me the main benefit over the ScanGauge is it has warnings that can be set to alert me if say the coolant temp gets to high. Besides that, it has tons of display options instead of booring line print.

I will post a review once I get it in and installed.

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
Very cool!
Thanks for the link & info...

safari.gif

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Well is does look cool, also twice the price.

Does it clear error codes too like the Scan Gauge or only report on them?

I have never owned or seen either of these products, but I think I prefer that the ScanGauge doesn’t need separate power. Just plug the ScanGauge into the OBDII and it works, right?

The round gauge itself does look better than the simple ScanGauge rectangle (at least from here), but maybe the text readout of the ScanGauge is okay or better. I know I was looking forward to adjusting my MPH for error percentage and having the correct MPH displayed all the time.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94